From the time my husband, my sister and I were picked up at the airport (free if you book directly with the resort) by the smiling Wayan Putra, with the cool towels and the cold water to the amazing greeting by the staff (Made', Jero and Ming) at the Residence - Rumah Lotus (stand alone villa away from the main resort) we knew we have chosen well. The trip from the airport about 90 minutes, time to get over the flight and get aquainted with Bali. We had read many blogs on trip adviser but always came back to our first choice the Chapung Se and were not disappointed. It was 15 minutes from Ubud, which at first we were concerned about, but that proved a godsend as you leave the hussle and bussle and go to the peace and quiet of the paddy fields. We had our own private security Mr Gustie who kept us safe at night. If you want party central this will not be for you, if you want space and peace to recharge in luxury with easy access to the restauraunts etc of Ubud - spot on, this is the cultural heart of Bali after all!.Money changers in Ubud great - much better rate of exchange than anywhere so do only a little money before you leave home. You get one free return trip daily to and from Ubud which is great (the cars are new and clean). The staff (there 24hrs a day, but remain discrete) are amazing and cannot do enough for you, felt like family after a few days. The amenities were amazing. The Residence is only 1 yr old and the attention to detail to ensure you have everything you need was outstanding. Relaxing at breakfast cooked by our own staff, while being serenaded by whom ever you chose from the sound system that was piped to most areas of the villa. No internet access at this villa yet, but will be available in 3 months so I believe (not a bad thing really), outside shower, huge inside bath, 2 separate bedrooms with king sized beds, own TV, DVD and CD player - each with own bathroom connected by a main corridor (with loads of cupboard space) if you open the connecting doors. Plenty of mineral water provided everyday to drink but also to brush your teeth - do not drink the local water anywhere in Bali. Bed turn down in the evening with fragent oils. The grounds are fumugated once or twice a week to reduce mosquitos and mosquito coils and candles around the 25 metre pool every night - still bring the aeroguard but not really necessary. The views from any area were of the paddy fields, so soothing to the senses and something to watch every day as these are working paddy fields. This is the country so you will meet the local wildlfe from a distance, geekos, frogs, roosters etc. The Residence has its own spa so you can book a massage and that was amazing and inexpensive. The owner is french so the french influence is noticeable. The only down side is we did not stay longer, but we will be back next year and would not stay anywhere else. Suksma mewali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chapung se Bali Resort & Spa is not your usual Balinese style villa retreat. Rather it calls on contemporary lines and interiors to produce a modern lush Resort, located high in hills, 10 minutes’ drive from Ubud. Nature, minimalist, modern, intimate, spacious and design are the keywords to define the Resort's concept. The Resort opened in 2009, with the architectural inspiration of the owner, who is a professional furniture designer. Slowly, his vision grew with two restaurants, a large Spa and a wide infinity pool perched on the side of a ridge overlooking the Osh River Valley and its verdant jungle. With 8 large Pool Villas and 14 Suites with valley view, the Resort aims to offer a memorable experience : swim amidst the lush jungle in a large infinity pool, enjoy a new fusion Mediterranean-Asian cuisine and highly qualitative Spa healing therapies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chapung SeBali Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapung Sebali Hotel Ubud
- Chapung SeBali Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali