All the reviews here are true, this is a special place. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The villas are amazing, private and comfortable.
You will find yourself in the rural countryside among the rice fields, the resort has several as well. Each villa is different, all with their own pool, not a small ones either. Some have outside bathrooms, shower, WC, bathtub, etc. If you are scared of insects and some large lizards you might request indoor bathroom facilities, otherwise the outside ones are absolutely stunning and give you a feeling of amazing freedom and nature.
Everything has great quality, the beds come with latex mattreses, there are ceiling fans and there is airco, but frankly, the outside temperature doesn't require any of this.
There are bicycles for rental, inexpensive, and the road there has very little traffic.
There is a shuttle that takes you into Ubud, there is a schedule but they are very flexible, you don't have to do much waiting.
Breakfast is very nice, you basically order it the way you like and they carry it to wherever you want.
I saw some reviews saying there is no WiFi, maybe at the time of those reviews there wasn't but just last week there was, they hand you over the password on arrival and it's included in the price, there are several networks running and the speed is very good.
In Ubud there are many places to visit and eat but this place is so inviting that you might just want to stay in and relax. If you have difficulty relaxing and feel stressed... Well, I can assure you that this is the place for you to try out!
The pool water is refreshing, not soup water found at the beach places. The plants grow almost into the water and the pools all being infinity style make it almost like swimming in a natural pond or river straight into nature.
The kids had a more modern villa with indoor bathroom, there was a sliding door from their bathroom that led directly into the pool, unbelievable!
In summary: the facilities, location and service make this resort of amazing value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chapung se Bali Resort & Spa is not your usual Balinese style villa retreat. Rather it calls on contemporary lines and interiors to produce a modern lush Resort, located high in hills, 10 minutes’ drive from Ubud. Nature, minimalist, modern, intimate, spacious and design are the keywords to define the Resort's concept. The Resort opened in 2009, with the architectural inspiration of the owner, who is a professional furniture designer. Slowly, his vision grew with two restaurants, a large Spa and a wide infinity pool perched on the side of a ridge overlooking the Osh River Valley and its verdant jungle. With 8 large Pool Villas and 14 Suites with valley view, the Resort aims to offer a memorable experience : swim amidst the lush jungle in a large infinity pool, enjoy a new fusion Mediterranean-Asian cuisine and highly qualitative Spa healing therapies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chapung SeBali Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapung Sebali Hotel Ubud
- Chapung SeBali Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali