I also cried when we left. That was new!
The people are beautiful, friendly and kind. The location is perfect as Ubud can be a little intense and by taking a 10min drive (40 min walk), it is possible to retreat to a beautiful oasis set between traditional villages and adjacent to the local temple and rice paddies.
I stalked the entire grounds taking too many photos because of its sheer beauty. Dragonflies (which is the meaning of Chapung) of all colours hover over the working rice paddies, shiny luminescent beetles range over tropical flowers in your outdoor loo, frogs observe your shower (small and quaint), volcanic stone walls flank the entry to many of the villas which are enclosed by the Balinese doors decorated with fresh flowers.
The restaurant suspends over the jungle near the river so there is the constant sound of water. NYE was great - personal and fun. The staff will organise anything for you - tours, pickups, massages, food preferences. A private car and driver took us, at short notice and reasonable price, to the Spring Water Temple and another temple nearby which were both highlights. The lake and volcano are a little touristy and you could give it a miss.
Another reviewer suggested that the food was bland but the indonesian specialties at Chapung are delicious - try the Soto Ayam and the Black Rice. Breakfast has lots of local produce, preserves and home made bread. The 1br Villa is a standout. You feel truly special in your own private enclave including pool, massive outdoor area, and beautifully decorated (eclectic with asian and modern influences) Villa with outlook to the palms and the jungle fringe to the river. It was hard to leave to go exploring. We are finding reasons to return as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chapung se Bali Resort & Spa is not your usual Balinese style villa retreat. Rather it calls on contemporary lines and interiors to produce a modern lush Resort, located high in hills, 10 minutes’ drive from Ubud. Nature, minimalist, modern, intimate, spacious and design are the keywords to define the Resort's concept. The Resort opened in 2009, with the architectural inspiration of the owner, who is a professional furniture designer. Slowly, his vision grew with two restaurants, a large Spa and a wide infinity pool perched on the side of a ridge overlooking the Osh River Valley and its verdant jungle. With 8 large Pool Villas and 14 Suites with valley view, the Resort aims to offer a memorable experience : swim amidst the lush jungle in a large infinity pool, enjoy a new fusion Mediterranean-Asian cuisine and highly qualitative Spa healing therapies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chapung SeBali Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapung Sebali Hotel Ubud
- Chapung SeBali Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali