We wanted to book villa 6 after reading some reviews however, due to availability, villa 5 was recommended by hotel staff which was amazing, having same views and privacy as of villa 6.
since we entered our villa, I felt more than I'm at home. the setting of the place and decoration is relaxing. interior design has 60's/70's. Pool is very big (10x5M) and has access to it from the living area (outdoor area), bedroom, or from bathroom...so whenever u wanna swim just jump from the nearest door and u'll enjoy the average temperature water.
the living area is amazing, it has one big and relaxing sofa, where we have had many naps during our 6 night stay, a dinning table and a kitchennete which includes all tools u might need during your stay.
The bedroom is spacious (around 7x5M) and has a nice bed, sofa, chair, closet and desk. Getting connected to a spacious bath room with an extension for standing shower and toilet leading to the dressing room.
Surrounding views are breathtaking as from one side you have rice fields, and from the other side you have a deep valley which will take your sight for several minutes every day at least at breakfast as the nice restaurant located on the edge of this valley.
Breakfast is very good and is a combination between buffet serving cheese, cereals, cold cuts, crossants,..etc and ala carte menu from which you can choose from 7 styles of eggs, dessert or drink.
Tip: try the french toast with banana and passion fruit,.....wow...
The place is unique as it grows organically all vegetables inside the hotel land, all food ingredients are fresh (same day) except seafood (this is a sentence written on the food menu)
Staff is welcoming and amazing and feel like u stay in a family village where you are not a guest, but u r member of this small community.
The hotel has a rich list of wine.
The hotel provides free shuttle bus services to Ubud (15 minutes away) 6 times a day at 10 & 11 am and 3, 4, 7, 8 pm. return trips are 20 minutes later than those timings in addition to last one at 10 pm. If you need this service in other times it costs Rp 50k for single trip and Rp 80k for round trip.
We also took the hotel 6 hours trip to the rice terraces, coffee plantation, the volcano and temples,...it was a very good trip and reasonable priced at US$ 75 ++ per car. Folloing days we rented the hotel car with a driver on hourly basis. although this was more expensive than other hourly rates, but we did ourselves good by avoiding unnecessary bargaining and safety precautions.
The massage is good and spa staff are professsional with a possibility for a special request to have ur treatment in villa.
The hotel is an experience,....when i stepped in the villa i put my Ipod in the fashionable player and played Louis Armstrong & Ella fitzgerald song "Heaven...I'm in Heaven..." as i really was..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chapung se Bali Resort & Spa is not your usual Balinese style villa retreat. Rather it calls on contemporary lines and interiors to produce a modern lush Resort, located high in hills, 10 minutes’ drive from Ubud. Nature, minimalist, modern, intimate, spacious and design are the keywords to define the Resort's concept. The Resort opened in 2009, with the architectural inspiration of the owner, who is a professional furniture designer. Slowly, his vision grew with two restaurants, a large Spa and a wide infinity pool perched on the side of a ridge overlooking the Osh River Valley and its verdant jungle. With 8 large Pool Villas and 14 Suites with valley view, the Resort aims to offer a memorable experience : swim amidst the lush jungle in a large infinity pool, enjoy a new fusion Mediterranean-Asian cuisine and highly qualitative Spa healing therapies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chapung SeBali Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapung Sebali Hotel Ubud
- Chapung SeBali Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali