We have returned to Chapung Sebali a few times over the years, it keeps on getting better! It's a great place to get away from Singapore for a long weekend or to celebrate a special occasion. We have stayed in a few of the villas, all of which were lovely "tropical style" open air pavilions for lounging with separate a/c bedrooms. What a welcome change from business hotels with barely enough space to move around! The villas are beautifully decorated in a modern, Scandinavian style - no surprise given the owner is a high end furniture designer with great taste. The staff is a good mix of Europeans and locals (including from the village next door) and everyone is really friendly and focused on making sure you've got everything you need (or could possibly want). At the same time, it feels very private - you don't have other guests on the next sun lounger over, or overly attentive concierges lurking around every corner!
We like the location because it's a good base for taking advantage of the activities in the Ubud area - biking, rafting, yoga, etc. It's only a 10 min. walk (or shuttle ride) to town, but you're away from the heat and noise in the middle of rice paddies by the river! Each time we come back the place has grown and offers even more options. We especially love the new restaurant - fresh, organic fusion food, generous servings and a to-die-for location above the river. The lady who runs the spa has developed a really complete "menu," has great hands and also uses natural products. While the private villa pools are great for relaxing, we're looking forward to getting a few laps in the huge common swimming pool next time we come!
Just a word on some of the earlier comments on the fauna - this is the tropics, so everything flourishes, including the bugs and frogs. I think the resort does a great job keeping the bugs at bay naturally with citronella spray and the frogs also help with that!
So, great place, beautiful villas, yummy food, relaxing spa and friendly staff. Highly recommended - we'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chapung se Bali Resort & Spa is not your usual Balinese style villa retreat. Rather it calls on contemporary lines and interiors to produce a modern lush Resort, located high in hills, 10 minutes’ drive from Ubud. Nature, minimalist, modern, intimate, spacious and design are the keywords to define the Resort's concept. The Resort opened in 2009, with the architectural inspiration of the owner, who is a professional furniture designer. Slowly, his vision grew with two restaurants, a large Spa and a wide infinity pool perched on the side of a ridge overlooking the Osh River Valley and its verdant jungle. With 8 large Pool Villas and 14 Suites with valley view, the Resort aims to offer a memorable experience : swim amidst the lush jungle in a large infinity pool, enjoy a new fusion Mediterranean-Asian cuisine and highly qualitative Spa healing therapies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chapung SeBali Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapung Sebali Hotel Ubud
- Chapung SeBali Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali