If you're looking for private tranquillity and stylish comfort in the middle of a Balinese paradise, then Chapung Resort is the place to stay. Perched above rice paddies on the outskirts of Ubud, individual villas are ingeniously designed, incorporating local materials and Scandinavian design. We stayed in a very spacious “one bedroom villa”, surrounded by lush gardens and distant rain forest. Sliding doors in the bedroom and bathroom opened directly to a private pool, so you could seamlessly transition from bed to pool to bath to pool to adjoining terrace, and so on, at intimate leisure.
While respecting our privacy, the resort personnel were extremely friendly and attentive, and I had a world-class massage (and as a movement professional, I’m very picky) in the open-air spa, which is built from parts of a Balinese temple – as is the roof of the restaurant. Breakfast was excellent and the vista from the restaurant was breathtaking. Resort buildings are connected by rustic, stone pathways and hillside steps, which, although very charming and aesthetically fitting, are not easily accessible for those less mobile – especially at night. It helps to bring a flashlight or download a “flashlight app” on your smart phone.
All in all a luxurious retreat in a beautiful, secluded location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chapung se Bali Resort & Spa is not your usual Balinese style villa retreat. Rather it calls on contemporary lines and interiors to produce a modern lush Resort, located high in hills, 10 minutes’ drive from Ubud. Nature, minimalist, modern, intimate, spacious and design are the keywords to define the Resort's concept. The Resort opened in 2009, with the architectural inspiration of the owner, who is a professional furniture designer. Slowly, his vision grew with two restaurants, a large Spa and a wide infinity pool perched on the side of a ridge overlooking the Osh River Valley and its verdant jungle. With 8 large Pool Villas and 14 Suites with valley view, the Resort aims to offer a memorable experience : swim amidst the lush jungle in a large infinity pool, enjoy a new fusion Mediterranean-Asian cuisine and highly qualitative Spa healing therapies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chapung SeBali Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapung Sebali Hotel Ubud
- Chapung SeBali Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali