“A Very Nice Place with A Wonderful Host Family”

Nirwa Ubud Homestay
Ranked #14 of 622 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and wished we could stay longer! Made helped us with our trip plans and was able to give great tours and recommendations for transport, restaurants, etc. His wife and son were also so nice and made us feel welcome.

The place was very basic, yet very clean and nice with beautiful views! We walked to Sari Organic Restaurant through the ricefields at sunset and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Ubud!

Please try the gourmet green pancakes at breakfast if you stay here... the best in Bali!

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LEHH

Reviewed 1 March 2011

Nirwa is the ideal place to stay in Ubud. It's personal, and friendly. Nirwa is very affordable, even for the solo traveller. Experience a Balinese family, not just a hotel. Cosy and informal.
Close to everything. Also just back off the main street enough to be quiet and peaceful. Nirwa is surrounded by rice fields, and is right at the beginning of the rice field walk. Breakfast is simple and included in your room cost. There's always someone at home to ask a question of. I felt safe, and cared for at Nirwa, with Madde and Ayu, and their charming son Alek. Madde also helps you plan your tours outside of Ubud, and has reliable contacts for scooters, drivers, yoga, places to eat, etc.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jakstarr
Reviewed 22 February 2011

For me,Nirwa is the best place to blend in with the locals because we do stay with a Balinese family.This is a cozy,relaxing place ,people are so friendly here. Made , Ayu and their lovely son Alit, are the best hosts I have met in Bali, I am truly grateful for all their help.
It's an unforgettable and fantastic stay during our trip, my son and I do miss everyone of our NIRWA family. I will definitely recommend Nirwa to everyone and visit Nirwa again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Had a lovely stay after honeymoon. Owners are friendly and very knowledgable and always ready to assist. We loved the breakfast we had everyday - very large and delicious. Rooms clean with large bathrooms. Would recommend Nirwa to anyone who wants to enjoy Balinese culture with a lovely family.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I missed Nirwa Homestay the moment I left Ubud, especially when I arrived in Kuta. We enjoyed feeling like we stayed in a friend's home. Made & Ayu were fantastic hosts. We liked the breakfast area very much as we met and talked to other guests during our 4-night stay. The fresh fruit shakes and banana or pineapple pancakes are perfect! I loved the sounds of nature in the evenings and mornings. I understand some may not like it. I had room number 1 which is on the upper level overlooking Nirwa compound and the adjacent rice fields. I think it's the best room for both the views and privacy. Thanks for making our stay in Ubud so memorable, Made & Ayu!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I've never posted on TripAdvisor before, but my stay at Nirwa was so terrific that I decided to venture on here for the first time.

Nirwa really has it all. Location - far enough from the hustle and bustle of downtown Ubud such that you can really feel at peace, but just a five-seven minute walk from the center of things. IN the rice paddies, too, so you get a gorgeous sunset out your window each night. Character - you're essentially staying in Made, Ayu, and Alit's home, not at a hotel; Nirwa is lushly decorated and lovingly cared for. Food - best banana pancake breakfast I had in Bali, and I stayed in a lot of places during my month on the island. Price - a truly wonderful value. And, most importantly, Hosts - unbeatable. Made and Ayu were warm, interested, informative, and extremely helpful, recommending restaurants, providing for transportation, and even taking me on a private guided all-day tour of northern Bali that was so fabulous that I took the tour again once my travel companions arrived. They're a special couple. Can't be beat.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2010

We've come across lots of different so-called homestays in our travels but none can come close to experience that Made, Adu and Alit offer. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel like part of their family. The homestay itself is set in beautiful surroundings of the paddy fields and we fell asleep every night listening to the gentle hum of the frogs. The rooms are really spacious, incredibly clean and have everything you need including hot water.

The real difference to this and other accommodation in Bali and Ubud is the amazing family that live here. And the incredible breakfast every morning! We ended up staying twice as long as planned because it just felt like home. Nothing is too much trouble, including cooking us dinner one night when the rain was so heavy we couldn't leave. The homestay is about 7 minutes walk to the main market in Ubud, scooter hire is available at the bottom of the road and we don't think there can be anywhere better to stay in Ubud, in fact in the whole of Bali. And all of this for great prices. We're already planning our next trip to stay with them!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple