“Loved the vegan dishes”

Bamboo Restaurant
Ranked #593 of 779 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian, Italian
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We tasted several of the Balinese/Indonesian dishes and they were all delicious, especially the vegan nasi campur. Great tempeh, fresh vegetables. They have a very large selection of vegan dishes.
It seems all the negative comments below are about western junk food. I don't know about that, but the Balinese food is definitely good. As far as we could see, the other customers liked it too.

There are newer reviews for Bamboo Restaurant

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I ate vegan stir fried veggies and tempeh with noodles (nasi Mae something...) and then nasi goreg (same thing but rice instead of noodles.)

They have hands down the best tempeh I have ever eaten. I think they fry it in coconut oil and maybe even make it there that day. I don't know but it was amazing. Tasty and moist. Most places the tempeh is a little dry.

I only ordered one dish but it was so good (in that somewhat greasy way...like chinese food in America) that I ordered another.

The older ladies did stare at me a bit. Not sure what that was about.

Overall, I'd go back.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We ordered a burger here and when it finally arrived it was nearly frozen. When we said something about it, the waitress took it back to the kitchen. After a few minutes she came back with a microwaved plate, creating an inedible burger, mushy fries, and hot ketchup. Dissapointing at best.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Although they request that the meal be ordered at least one day in advance we managed to place an order for it during the day and was served it in the evening. The Balinese smoked duck meal for 2 came with: rice, a whole duck, chicken satays grilled on lemongrass skewers and a mung bean salad. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the duck was so full of flavour which got us using our fingers and really digging in.

We are early diners so couldn't really comment on the ambience as there were few people upstairs at that time. This was perfect for us as we gave up using our utensils towards the end of the meal.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Had to choose this restaurant when we first arrived in Bali, as the kids were starving. Unfortunately, it was the a disappointment and a waste of good stomach space. Meals came out at varied times (some had finished theirs before others had even started), pizza was horrible, satay chicken for the kids was excessively spicy and tough, even for my satay addict daughter. Nasi campur was ok, but nothing amazing. Restaurant was mostly empty, which should have been a warning sign.