“Try the best Gado Gado!”
Review of Warung Lada - CLOSED

Warung Lada
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Small and surprising - if you don't make a straight line for it. Just bring the camera along for the nicest home style [meaning genuine] GG in Ubud - and the taste!!!! Also I can see the local Indonesian home cooking is very very tasty and wholesome.

Totally recommended.

2  Thank RobertSingapore

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Warung Lada is tucked up at the top of Jalan Hanoman in Ubud. The owner is the former bartender for one of Ubud's premiere 5/6 Star hotels and the architect did a stellar job in making the place feel truly homey. Check it out!

1  Thank junglerun
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I tried 2 different dishes both were awful. I went in because it said Indonesian home cooking, big mistake. Only saving grace is the clean toilet

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We came here 2 years ago and liked how local it was so we decided to come back. The restaurant is renovated and looks welcoming. The price has gone up a lot and I personally think it's pricey comparing with the other local restaurants. The food tasted mild and fresh, great for those who is not up for the full on Balinese food. I found hair in my drink and I showed it to the guy who served me. He tried to change my drink but I was not too bother. Then I found a piece of plastic in my curry at the end of my meal. Oh well I might be the unlucky one but won't make a return again.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This place was recommended by our hotel when we asked for a place where the locals eat as we wanted to avoid the tourist trap. This place was no frills and the food was great. We had 2 starters and 3 mains plus drinks for $20. Worth a visit.