We have just returned from ten days at Bidadari and my wife and two teenagers (17/16) all agree it was fantastic. We stayed in the two bedroom villa 'Kenyeri". The facilities were fantastic, the villa very comfortable and relaxing, and the staff were brilliant. The open lounge room looking out over the river and jungle and the private swimming pool were highlights. The main bedroom was private and also opened up to the jungle and had its own private balcony, very nice. To be honest, the place was so glamorous we sometimes wondered when/how we'd joined the jet set. The other reviews here are all genuine and cover Bidadari well, and the photos show the facilities well, though they don't capture they fantastic atmosphere of the place. Other highlights:
* Free transport into Ubud, and a mobile phone to use to call to get picked up
* Simple but good food on the room service menu
* Breakfast and afternoon tea were provided as part of the package
* Being served at our own table in the villa by friendly staff
* Reception was happy to arrange daily activities/trips and also arrange me a motorcycle
* Staff always had a smile, and everyone knew our names, a very nice touch
The staff were all fantastic, but we'd like to particularly thank Koming on reception for who nothing was to much trouble and Suryf who took us on some day trips. Wonderful people. I hope I spelled their names correctly.
Be aware of the steps, the layout of the complex is on the side of a step hill and there are lots of steps. No problem for our family but something to keep in mind if you had younger or older people in your group.
The only down side of Bidadari is that it is out of Ubud a little way so you do need to rely on drop of and pick ups by the drivers. This service was excellent, but slightly restricting. Drop-offs were not a problem, but pick ups could mean a 20-30 minute wait once you called. There was a major Hindu festival on during our stay and the main temple in Ubud was between Ubud and Bidadari so I expect this wait is normally less, however, though minor, it was something to be aware off as you couldn't just walk out of Bidadari to access shops, restaurants, etc. I arranged a motor bike, that was fantastic, but the rest of the family wasn't quiet game enough to give that a go. You probably wouldn't even notice this as a problem on shorter stays, we were there for a longer stay. Again, only a minor thing, and really the only problem I can think of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 10-minutes from Ubud, Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat offers villas with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen cable TVs. It features a spa, free parking and a free return shuttle services to Ubud. All villas come with a DVD player, coffee & tea making facilities and microwave. Each Villa has their own private pool. Guests can enjoy a traditional Balinese massage and body treatments at the resort's Matahari Spa. A small library of books and DVDs are available. Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat is 33 km away from the Ngurah Rai Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat - Ubud Hotel Ubud
- Bidadari Private Villas And Retreat - Ubud
- Bidadari Private Villas & Retreat Ubud, Bali