“bes balinese food”

Warung Mendez
Ranked #69 of 780 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open Kitchen style restaurant, served authentic Indonesian food,fresh prepare by Balinese group of lady's . Very friendly staff,NO MSG ADDED.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

we bring our groups to this special warung all the time...sit on the floor/mats, served by candellight with great food to share.

1  Thank balihi2047
There are newer reviews for Warung Mendez

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Friends opted for the Crispy Duck and were sadly disappointed. Small piece of overcooked duck in an over-crispy batter was served with beans and rice. Definitely not a good first choice. The Gado Gado was a much better option. Ambience is good, with the warung being very open and airy.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Was disappointed in the service and average standard of food. I had noted that this Warung was quite busy the night before so decided to give it a try. I had the Chicken Satay which was nice but certainly no where near the standard of other satays I have had previously. The service was appalling, there was only one other table and I was waiting to order another drink and possibly desert, however all I got when looking at the staff who were standing around were those wonderful Balinese smiles. Whilst I enjoyed the smiles, I really would have liked to have been served, so I eventually gave up and approached the bar and paid my account. I did mention the problem to the girl when paying my account, however she just smiled.

1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 24 August 2013

As an Englishman (and Ubud resident) who loves lamb but doesn't want to spend a fortune on eating lamb in fancy restaurants I was delighted to be introduced to the Thursday night "goat special" at Warung Mendez.
The goat knuckle (a bit like a small lamb shank) is slow roasted, very tender and very tasty. It's not got a strong taste of goat and TBH unless I knew what I was eating I would not readily have been able to identify the meat as goat so don't be put off if you've not eaten goat before.
Try it yourself (please leave some for me!)

1  Thank ubudman
Reviewed 14 August 2013

With our resort only serving breakfast this was the place we ate at every evening, the beef ribs were amazing according to my husband :)