“WOW! WOW!”

The Samaya Bali Ubud
Ranked #4 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This place lives up to the hype. I was reluctant that it would live up to my expectations, simply a great place to stay. We stayed for a week and the staff were always helpful with advice and the breakfast is amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jess87s

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Samaya for the first part of our honeymoon. On arrival we were met by one if the drivers from the Samaya who had some iced water and fresh strawberries for us. After a long flight we were greeted by a number of the staff and taken to see an amazing view of the rice paddy fields in Ubud. We were taken to our villa by one of the butlers on a golf buggy and shown some of the property.

Our butler showed us all the facilities in our rather large villa which was spotlessly clean. Our rose petal bath and honeymoon cake were very nice.

The breakfast at the Samaya was lovely, we sometimes had this in our villa or in the restaurant with the views over rice paddy fields. There we'd more than enough choices to suit everyone, the pancakes with pineapple and maple syrup were particularly yummy.

I must say that the service at the Samaya was of the highest quality, Wayan and the team could not do enough for us. The room cleaning and turn down service and service at the restaurant and in villa dinning was great.

Since this was a honeymoon my husband arranged for a 100 candle dinner, as I am not a meat eater my husband told me had a number of email conversations with Wayan to arrange the to suit my taste. The food and was of a very high quality, and I thoroughly recommend the chilli passion fruit martini which I LOVED! The food rivals some restaurants in London.

We had a fabulous first part of our honeymoon at the Samaya Ubud before moving on to the Samaya Seminyak.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Holiday-lover50
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We spent 5 weeks in Bali, we chose to stay 5 nights at this resort after reading all the good reviews on Tripadvisor about this hotel. It was all true. Special thanks to Woyan the manager.

Putu Michael

Room Tip: Villa facing the river.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Parisien1933
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Hi All,
My husband and I are very excited to stay in this hotel in about 4 weeks from today. My mom booked the room for me and it is definetely "Ayung River Villa". Is ALL "Ayung River Villa" is great? Or would any of you recommend any particular one? Thank you.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed at the Samaya in Ubud for three nights and loved it. The staff couldn't do enough for you, the suites were fantastic, roomy, modern and brilliantly presented and the food was excellent. guided trek locally was really enjoyable and the organised trip we went on extremely worthwhile enabling us to see more of Bali than we had expected. Well worth doing for a half or full day dependant on how much time you had there. Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cjpcons
Reviewed 22 September 2013

After one month in Bali, i decide to stay my last night in a 5 star hotel and my choice was Samaya Ubud.
Till the moment you come inside this peaceful resort untill the one you leave, you feel in paradise.
All the staff is always smilling and looks very happy to work.
Spacious rooms, huge pool, and a brunch that i will remember for the rest of my life.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nicodino
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We were lucky enough to stay in both Samaya's in Seminyak & Ubud (5 & 6 nights respectively) therefore both reviews will be similar.

We didn't want to leave either resort. We stayed for our honeymoon and the staff made it extra special.

Upon arrival at Ubud, we enjoyed a tour of the beautiful resort. As we had come from Seminyak (which is bigger), this greeting felt a bit more personal as everyone greeted us by name and it was such a fantastic welcome (felt like celebs!). More honeymoon surprises in Villa did follow too.

Villa is spacious, luxurious, amazing garden, big pool, jacuzzi bath, huge comfy bed.

Breakfasts and afternoon tea are the most amazing quality food, you can order as much as you like really. I particularly loved the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.

The setting is breathtaking with views over rice paddy fields and the tranquil setting of the swept away by the ayung river.

Service was outstanding and edged it at Ubud for us. Every single member of staff would greet you with a smile, and always keen to see how you are and have a chat about your day. The shuttle is essential as it's a bit of a way out of Ubud and is genuinely 24hrs (a special thank you for our pick up at silly o'clock after too many bintangs!)

Also, prior to the trip I had written down a load of things I wanted to do in Ubud and simply presented the list at reception who went about creating an itinerary there and then, calling and making reservations, booking transfers and printing it out for us. They'd even tipped off bridges restaurant about us being on honeymoon so we had a great table and decoration. This just made everything so easy.

We heard lots of people saying they were only staying one night in Ubud, it's not enough! Ubud was much bigger than we thought and a good base for lots to do, great for wandering around and nice bars and restaurants
Our highlights included:
Bali bird walks
Silversmith class at pondok pekak
Monkey forest
Kecack fire & trance dance
Elephant safari park
Meal at Melting Wok Warung (separate review)

Perhaps the only critique would be to add a bit more decor to give the villas a bit more character, after all bali is a very artistic place and would be nice to incorporate this into the hotel, but I appreciate this may be my personal taste.

Also, for the transfers in seminyak we had a huge car with big comfy seats and aircon, for the transfer to the airport from Ubud we had a very hot and sticky 2hour journey so it would have been nice to extend the service to the airport/invest in one of those cars as it was a bit of a downer after an amazing trip (especially when it's depressing enough to be leaving!)

Overall, I had high very expectations that managed to be exceeded! We enjoyed staying in absolute luxury. I can't see how anyone wouldn't love staying here so please do not hesitate to book it!!

A big thank you to the team at the Samaya who made our honeymoon a dream come true.

Sally & Richard