“Stay here!”

Ranked #4 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Melbourne, Australia
“Stay here!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We spent only 2 days and 1 night here and it definitely wasn't enough. All the rooms come with their own private pool, and ours also had a large and lovely bathroom with a spa big enough for two, a little deck overlooking the river, and a cushioned hut to relax in outside, and the bed was very comfortable.

The quality of the food at Swept Away was excellent, as was the complimentary afternoon tea the staff set up in our room for us and there was lots of choice at breakfast. All of the staff were perfectly polite and exceptionally helpful for the entirety of our stay.

A great experience, I'd recommend it to anyone heading to Ubud.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leilwyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tunis, Tunisia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Earlier in the year I was in Ubud, and although I stayed at The Samaya, in error I reviewed a hotel with a rather similar name. I can't say whether the one I didn't stay at is up to the rating I accidentally gave it, but The Samaya is really superb. I could only stay one night but it was absolutely perfect and is easily one of the best hotels I have ever visited. Go to The Samaya for the view, the food, the rooms, it's a little bit of paradise!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank skankoudamdoum
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent place .. I was really happy and I took a package where I spent 2 nights in ubud and 4 nights in seminyak... next time I should stay at least 3 nights. I wish hotel can provide halal food this is my only drawback and I always look at the pictures I have taken there

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Muhsin A
SA
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We needed a rest, recharge and without fuss, we got exactly this from airport pickup, checkin, meals, solitary, service, spa, villas and staff are all super special. You know when a stay is truly perfect when you think of little points that aren't so good like the iPod doc doesn't suit my iPhone 5, yes I can only think of stupid little things it's that good. We had a week here but anything from 3 days plus is worthy I can highly recommend the 4 hand massage at the spa and any of the dishes on the menu.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WazzaSa
Meopham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

They say Heaven is a place on earth well we found it, fantastic holiday in everyway, villa, food, cocktails all perfect, so relaxing peaceful and quiet will not fail to disappoint did not want to leave highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlotte C
Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I spent a fair bit of time researching accommodation in Ubud and am pleased to say that the Samaya exceeded my expectations. The Samaya is a mixture of luxury and genuine hospitality – it really does feel like a home away from home. I have travelled quite a bit and found the staff at the Samaya to be very extremely genuine and friendly – nothing was a bother and they were happy to attend to any request.
It is a stunning resort, the gardens and the grounds are beautiful and lush. We were upgrade to a two bedroom villa with a huge pool – absolute privacy.

The Spa is first class – we were provided 2 complimentary massages which my partner and I wished would not end.

I was concerned when I realised the resort was about 20 minutes from Ubud town but the shuttle which felt more like a private chauffeur was available on request – whether to sightsee or eat at a local restaurant.

I can't recommend The Samaya enough, if you are a couple who want to spend some down-time, this is the place to do it – very romantic!

We Loved it and will definately be back

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jules4700
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Having spent a week at swanky Fullerton hotel in Singapore where we were lecturing my husband , baby girl and i went on a break to The Samaya in Ubud. We had visited the Samaya in Seminyak last year and loved it. This is just as beautiful but so different from anywhere else. From the moment you enter the property you feel instantly relaxed, maybe because the whole area is serene, quiet and the air is filled with the sounds of birds and the smell od frangipani.
The river Ayung is running right throught the property and the spa and pool are right next to it.
It is magical in a truly 'understated luxury' way.The hotel is not flashy, it isnt glosssy, it is not superficial and it does not provide service which is 'in your face'. It offers genuine understated good quality. The staff are genuine, professional and very warm.
The restaurant mamnager Putu and all his staff were so lovely while offerring great quality gourmet food, they also took care of our toddler, giving us a welcome break while they took her to feed the fish.. They made us feel as friends. And we will miss them.
The villa we had has a great view of rice fields from the gazebo and that was the best feature, we loved sitting there in the afternoon listening to the weird and wonderful sounds various birds and frogs made..
Each villa has a pool which is 1,8 metres deep, I do feel they should rethink the safety issue here- especially if the resort is to be branded family friendly. They would need to make the pools less deep, no more than 1,4 metres,in my opinion. For us they fenced the pool off which worked well with the toddler, couldnt do it otherwise.
The spa is amazing. The location is stunning, right next to the river, and the treatment rooms overlook the river. The manager Diane is extremely professional as well as friendly and ince again she went the extra mile and gave our girl a massage, she is still talking of her baby massage.
My Balinese massage was sublime, loved it and slept through most of it...,
The quality of the food is fantastic, the breakfast is really special, all a la carte with fresh fruit, freshly baked croissants and eggs prepared to perfection. Coffee great too. I am a discerning guest and am the kind to send my coffee back at any hint of it not being right.. Their macchiato was fab!
The afternoon tea was special and also complimentary.
So was transport into and around Ubud, I did appreciate this as Ubud was buzzy, hot and full of people offering TAXI in your face. It felt great being fetched between shops, spa, etc by your own driver in a lovely clean airconditioned car.
We will return gladly.

Room Tip: River view or rice fields view but all are nice