“Bliss”

The Samaya Bali Ubud
Ranked #4 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed in villa 210 and highly recommend it. It is perfectly situated for views and access. The staff made my visit perfect. They arranged for a driver two different days as well as other activities. Perfectly pleasant communication at every turn. Everyone knows your name and greets you as you are about the area. The spa treatments were magnificent and both restaurants had fabulous food for every meal. My 4 day visit was blissful. The team there is second to none and I highly recommend you stay here! The villas speak for themselves. Beautiful, we'll appointed and serviced in a timely manner.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 March 2014

An amazing resort with very personal service. The villas are amazing and very well appointed. The landscaping is beautiful and rice paddy views from the hotel deck are outstanding. Food was great, too. Nothing to fault and a truly wonderful stay. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

OK, It wasn't really the perfect start. I arrived at the airport, sick and tired, with my husband. We didn't see the driver (from Samaya) immediately. We started to panic, wondering whether hotel forgot to pick us up. Couple minutes later the driver ran towards us, greet us, and apologize as he thought we came from international terminal (which we didn't, we came from Jakarta flight). Ok, big deal, minor mistake. The driver was very professional, he greet us with cold towels and fresh strawberries. Once we arrived, the hotel staff apologize on the minor mistake (which i didn't know how would they know) and upgrade our room with the one with rice paddies view. It's a great initiative. Instead of saying sorry and do nothing, they actually do something to compensate my loss (time and energy).

So enough the short story, why you SHOULD stay here the FIRST time you arrived in Bali:

Service: Staff are very initiative and respectful. They know your schedule. From the front desk through the golf cart driver. THEY KNOW YOUR SCHEDULE VERY WELL. I don't know if i should feel scared or impressed. They also, NEVER complain. It seems that the management take good care of them. Very happy, intelligent, respectful staffs.

Bed: I came to my room with ice ready (without asking for them) and AC is on the perfect temperature. I get in the bed, and it is SO comfortable (It seems that i has better quality of sheets compare Samaya in Seminyak). So sleep quality is just top notch.

Bathroom: amazing, they have this amazing flowery smell shampoo that is so rich that makes my hair all fluffy and soft (i regret not buying some before i left, because, the Samaya in Seminyak's shampoo sucks so bad).

Location: It is so quiet, tranquil, and relaxing. If you came from different time zone or long flight, this place will be a great start for you. Don't forget the 24-hour butler service so you can eat whenever you want.

Spa: Top notch. Very attentive and gentle. No need to say more.

Restaurant: good food. great service. Facing the river. Very comforting and relaxing.

Breakfast: Great. Not super authentic Indonesian food but it is much better than the one in Seminyak (Samaya).

Overall, i would come back here (NOT the one in Seminyak). I believe that Samaya Ubud management take a good care of their staff that they return the favor by taking good care of the guests. For me, that is what i'm looking for when taking R & R vacation; A beautiful villa on a beautiful location and wonderful staff.

2  Thank Gina S
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have just returned from staying at the Samaya with my daughter for a week. It truly is a magical place and the most relaxing I've ever stayed in. From the very first moment you arrive the service is impeccable and you are made to feel very special and unique. We stayed in a river side villa which was gorgeous - the only problem being we kept falling asleep on the cabana outside because we were so relaxed! We took full advantage of the spa and tried different treatments - all wonderful in an outstanding location. And the food - delicious, creative and served always with a smile. I tried both the cycling and the trekking which I enjoyed very much and found very informative. We are back home and truly missing the Samaya. In fact I love this place so much I have already booked to go back in December! A magical hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Petrajrd
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This place is absolutely perfect and a wonderful place to stay. From the very welcoming airport transfer to your final night at this amazing place.

After arriving in Bali, Indonesia and having to wait at the airport close to 3 hours in order to get through the checkpoint due to poor performance by the airport authorities it was a pleasure to see our driver waiting for us with a huge smile on his face. After he helped out with carrying our luggages he quikcly ran to get the fully automatic, airconditioned and luxury shuttle car to our feet.

Once inside the car we were offered chilling refreshments such as chilled strawberries, iced towels and a nice bottle of much needed chilled water. Our driver was completely at our service and did offer to take us anywhere we wanted to go before we reached the hotel and he recommended the Bali Coffee House where we had the chance to try the notorious Luwak Coffee, a balinese specialty.

Upon arrival at this amazing getaway we recieved warm welcomes from all staff who saw us, even the security guards at the gates. I later realised this was not a one off just for our initial welcoming but it continued throughout our stay, the staff always acknowledged us and greeted us whenever we encountered one another.

While the staff member at the reception checked us in we were taken aside by another staff member and briefed on what to expect at the Samaya and what they had to offer, our check in was complete without me even realising.

Immediately after our check in we were taken on a guided tour around the samaya and later dropped off at our luxurious villa! Our villa was the hillside villa and had everything we expected if not more. A/C, LCD TV, Personal Pool, Jacuzzi, double sinks and even a tv in the bathroom opposite the jacuzzi!

We ate at both the restaurants and both had delicious food. The service yet again was exceptional. They truly do make you feel special with the service they provide.

We organised the 100 Candlelit dinner for our final night at the Samaya which was absolutely breath taking, I recommend this specialty service to all visitors to the Samaya, a truly memorable experience! The dinner service does not just end at the restaurant, while you are having dinner the staff prepare your villa for a truly romantic night and it is a nice suprise when you return from the dinner.

On our final day we were pampered with the balinese style massage where I completely fell asleep during the session due to how relaxing it was!

Overall, a great place to stay and visit and I'd like to come again some day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emin C
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband and I recently stayed for 6 nights at the Samaya Ubud. It was incredible. The villa was lovely and we had such an amazing view over the rice paddies. Inside the villa was laid out well, very clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and couldn't have done more to make our stay more enjoyable. In terms of food, the breakfast and afternoon tea every day was delicious. We dined every night down at the Swept Away restaurant which was really lovely. The menu was modern, fresh and exciting with a twist. And the spa was perfect, very professional staff who were well trained in the therapies they offered. We can't wait to stay at the Samaya again! Thanks to all the staff, it was a pleasure to meet you all.

2  Thank Kara W
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My business has me spending over 150 nights a year in hotels. My wife does the same. We are very careful when life allows us time away together for short holidays. This place is amazing. The setting is stunning, the Villas are luxurious and spotless, and the service is out of this World. If you need your butler for anything (ice, soda, a ride, etc) he is at your door in seconds. Everyone knows your name. Your morning newspaper has your name typed in it. The food is amazing. I don't know where they hired their pastry chef from, but I spend a fair amount of time in France, and the bread and croissants at the Samaya can even give the French a run for their money--they are truly amazing and must not be missed. All I can say is this place is amazing and we have never experience service at this level in all of our previous travels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple