“Great staff, great location, but ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cinta Inn

Cinta Inn
Ranked #93 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
“Great staff, great location, but ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Cinta Inn from May 20th - 24th.

Cons: No one picked us up at the airport as we had arranged. When I asked to speak to "Mila" - the contact who arranged our stay - I was told by one staff member they didn't know her and by another that she no longer worked there. Not a good way to start our trip.

Rooster next door began crowing around 5am each morning, making it impossible to sleep in and the bar next door has a cover band playing until 11pm each night.

Pros: The rooms are lovely; very modern and clean.
The staff at the grill are fantastic. Very friendly, accommodating and go out of their way to recommend things to do.
The pool is a nice touch, especially if out and about all day in the heat.
Very affordable room rate especially with breakfast included. Good for couples, but not so much for families with young children.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank AshPatSat
BaliGoodFood, Owner at Cinta Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Our deepest apologies for the mistake. We had a slight breakdown in communications, both internally and with you, it seems. We have reviewed our system and made some changes so this won't happen again.

Regarding the noise, we are right in the middle of town and certain guests are sensitive to the bar next door but as you noted it does stop at 11pm every night.

Thanks again and we hope you accept our apologies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sentosa Island, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We've used the Cinta around four times while on business trips in Ubud. It is clean, friendly and reliable. The attached restaurant is a bonus and adds a good vibe to the place - the food is good as well, a mix of Indonesian and Western. There is a one for one special on mojitos in the evening, and hotel guests also get a discount on a couple of related restaurants in Ubud. The place doesn't have many rooms and the pool is small - this is not a place to have a long vacation - but for those looking for a reasonably priced, clean and well located place in the heart of downtown Ubud for two or three nights, this fits the bill.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ayah30
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is a lovely little hotel right in the heart of Ubud. The rooms are fresh, clean and comfortable, the pool is beautiful and the staff are so helpful and friendly, and always closed off the door to the restaurant if we were hanging out by the pool. I have to give special mention to the amazing shower and the even more impressive breakfast menu. (Raspberry pancakes packed full of real raspberries! YUM!) I would go so far as to say they serve the best breakfasts I've ever had anywhere in Asia. I was only disappointed that we hadn't booked in for longer!

Room Tip: The ground floor next to the pool was great, the fountains were turned off at night so no problems s...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank jcamp_12
Kuching, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I chose the Cinta Inn because of its location on Monkey Forest Road, within walking distance of Ubud's main attractions. I'm choosing to go back because of the incredible welcome I was given there by the team (Ary, Ardhani, Oka, Putu, Benny, Ketut, Novi, Sekar, Yanti, Ayka, Poleng, Made, ... everyone!) the beautiful rooms, the fabulous food ... and the location. The best little inn in Ubud... Thanks, everyone, for looking after me so well. See you again soon.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank EditorRobyn
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

I happened to find shelter at Cinta Grill because of the rain, and it was the best stop I've made the whole week long visit to Ubud. The ribs and gorgonzola burger were amazing, and we had the banana cloud cake for dessert, which was delicious. I highly suggest the kafir-mango mojitos! The staff were friendly and when we were informed that there was an Inn behind the restaurant, we had to check it out. The rooms are adorable, and the beds were unbelievably comfortable and it came at a very reasonable price. Though it's close to the street, it was surprisingly tranquil. We spent two nights there, and spent our days exploring Ubud. The pool is not exactly a lap pool, but it's perfect for taking a dip after walking through the humidity. The staff directed us to the other restaurants in the area owned by the same people, and we tried them all and they were all fantastic. I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mira S
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Was looking for a classy room, on a budget, and found the Cinta Inn lived up to expectations. The rooms are beautifully designed. Can not fault the simple and stylish layout. Beds are super comfortable, and the bathrooms and ample size. Pool is reasonably small, but if you just want to cool off at the end of the day, it serves its purpose. The Inn is within easy walking distance of all main shopping streets. Staff were very accomodating. Breakfast comprised of limited selection from the restaurant's menu. Adequate, but nothing to get excited over.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank whatacircus
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I spent 10 days at Cinta Inn just before Christmas and loved it. Everything was new and shiny and what you see on the website is actually what you get. The location is perfect, right in the middle of Monkey Forest Road, so I was able to walk just about everywhere I wanted to go. I had an upstairs room and felt very secure. It was also surprisingly quiet, not a rooster to be heard, despite its central location.

My only quibble is that although it was awfully hot, I didn't feel comfortable going in the pool on my own. The downstairs rooms open directly onto the pool area and I didn't want to disturb other guests by doing a few laps before breakfast, but after breakfast the door between the inn and the restaurant is kept open and the pool is in full view. However, this was a minor point and wouldn't put me off staying there again.

The staff really make the place, they are so helpful and friendly and will offer to make any bookings you want at spas or other restaurants. It was very rainy when I was there and one night I came back from dinner drenched by a sudden tropical downpour and ordered an Irish Coffee to warm myself up, and the waitress offered to deliver it to my room, which was much nicer than sitting in their restaurant dripping wet. The rooms were done twice a day and kept to a good standard and I can recommend the breakfast pancakes, they were superb! All in all, an excellent hotel and good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo