“Nothing really special”

Ubud View Bungalows
Ranked #171 of 602 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We needed a few rooms for a couple of nights while waiting for the house we were going to rent to become available. The price was decent after we bargained a bit. The place was OK, rooms were sparse with little place to put anything (nowhere to hang anything, lacking even a table). Room was clean enough on the surface, but we pushed two beds together and discovered that under the beds hadn't been even swept in a while. The main things that lacked to make it a better stay was that the manager was seemingly annoyed by any request, no matter how small. He seemed to only want to be at the desk watching tv. The rest of the staff was good, but the manager (Gusti, if I remember right) we dealt with was lacking in service skills.

The place is quite noisy at all times as it is right on a main road.

Breakfast was good, pool was pretty nice.

There are many much better places in Ubud that have better service and are set a little further back from the noisy streets. Balinese people are very friendly and good service is easily found, too bad it wasn't our experience at Ubud View.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Ubud View Bungalows

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed for four nights and enjoyed the closeness to Yoga Barn and central Ubud, pool and garden. The #4S on the second floor has a fan, view of the rice paddies and a small fridge which is great if you don't want to eat out every night. Staff is friendly and puts a thermos of hot water on the balcony every morning at 7, so there's always fresh tea and Balinese coffee. Too much noise from the streets for me eventually, but an excellent stay for a few nights.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed here 6 nights and haggled the price from $25 to $20 a night, the location was very convenient to where I was volunteering. The bathroom reeked of piss the entire stay regardless of how much incense I burnt and though staff definitely made my bed every day and brought clean towels its doubtful weather the bathroom was cleaned at all during my 6nights. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the room had excellent wifi, the breakfast was decent though got alittle dull quickly. The pool however was delightful and I could hear the water fountains from my bed which made for some incredible sleep. The sign advertised AC but my room only had a fan, however that was fine for me. The staff was mostly wonderful excluding the cranky man on my last day, I asked if I could check out late ( a service Ive been granted by many other hotels) as I wasn't leaving Ubud until 2 and he told me no, that I must take my suitcase to the front desk but could hang around the pool. Then when I got my luggage to the front and tried to pay he insisted that I had stayed for 7 nights when I had only stayed 6 and when I corrected him and told him to check the books he claimed that he already had and was sure I'd been there a week. Finally, I got him to check the books and sure enough...6 nights. He didn't apologize at all for basically accusing me of ripping him off and was very rude about taking my money. Still all and all for $20 a night and the rest of the staff being wonderful and the pool being wonderful it was worth it. However I think if I'd had more time or less of a need to be close to BARC I could have found better.

Room Tip: get by the pool!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2013

For the price that we paid, the spacious room was worth it. We stayed on the second floor, and we had a view of the rice paddies at the back and the pool in the front. WiFi wasn't that fast but good enough to check emails. The staff were accommodating, even while we were still exchanging emails prior to our arrival. What I liked also about Ubud View Bungalows is that it's just walking distance from the famed Bebek Bingil, the Perama office (where their bus from Kuta stopped), and the Monkey Forest. The central part of Ubud, where the market and Ibu Oka Babi Guling, isn't that far. We actually walked going there and back, but you can always hire a motorbike if you don't feel like it. However, walking in Ubud is a pleasurable experience as you're bound to discover some gems along the way.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

When you take a first look at this place it all seems very good - we were lured by the nice pool, garden, and the fairly large rooms. The price makes it seem like a bargain too. We stayed in a fan room facing the pool for one night. The trouble is the rooms upstairs are only separated by thin floorboards so you can hear everything and it sounds like a herd of animals whenever someone moves around even if they are not being noisy (and we were unlucky to have a large group who had no consideration whatsoever for anyone else staying there so it was really noisy), The room was also not that clean - yellow and a little mouldy in the bathroom and lots of cobwebs everywhere and no mosquito screens. Maybe if you were staying in one of the aircon rooms upstairs it would be fine. Our room was definitely budget quality and for the price (250,000) you can get better. It has great potential but could be looked after a lot better. Breakfast was OK but not nearly as good as other places we've stayed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Such a lovely place for a cheap price.
We paid almost nothing to stay here and it was perfect, even if the swimming pool wasn't clean due to a problem.
Staff is nice, and you're close to everything, You can book trip around the city from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I stayed here at the Hotel in Dec 2012. I booked the top room upstairs overlooking the pool.
It's near a road so if you like peace and quite forget it. Also there is a small place where the locals drink and go up and down hooning with there bikes drunk. I chose this place has it had a pool and for 5 day's the owner let the pool go green has didn't have enough money to buy cholrine for the pool.The rooms are very run down and breakfast is not the best. The room boys are nice. It is a budget place but not kept clean. Good WiFi will not stay again there as I had my 11 Year old Daughter with me. You have to rent a bike to get to eataries. There is a good supermrket called Cocos by bike ten minutes ride.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family