“Truly peaceful and rejuvenating, with a sense of giving”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jiwa Damai Organic Garden & Retreat
Ranked #112 of 527 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Perth, Australia
“Truly peaceful and rejuvenating, with a sense of giving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My partner and I had a wonderful time at Jiwa Damai Retreat. We were looked after from the time we arrived in Bali till we were delivered back to the airport. Our accommodation was amazing, the grounds were peaceful with pockets of different gardens and projects in progress. The staff and volunteers were all friendly and ready to help with anything. We enjoyed yoga and meditation a few times, a cooking class (the food was delicious) we have even showed off our recipes to the family! There was a computer so we still had access to email etc if we needed. We went bike riding around the local area, went on long walks by the rice paddies and swimming in the pool (There isn't a fitness center as such) It had a spiritual feeling about it and we both felt very refreshed when we arrived home. What we were most impressed with about Jiwa Damai, it wasn't just a resort but contributes and works with the local community and also supports a foundation for youths in Bali. Liz and Tony

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Missoula, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was at Jiwa Damai for only 10 short days, but those days left such a profound impact on me. The energy of Jiwa Damai is something rare and beautiful, a true sanctuary. Although I wish I could have stayed for longer, each day at Jiwa Damai was filled with peace and love. The support from the staff, the comfort, the food, the sunshine, the yoga, and the garden; all far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend Jiwa Damai to anyone who is looking for a true retreat. When you are in a place this beautiful, it is impossible not to focus on all the blessings one has. I found it to be in a perfect location, not too far from the fun of Ubud, but far enough away that you really felt like you were tucked in a secret space.

The food was so nourishing and some of the best I had in Indonesia during my stay. There is such care and thought put into every aspect of Jiwa Damai, and it is palpable from guests and volunteers alike. I hope I can someday return to Jiwa Damai, because it is a truly spectacular place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tawney H
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

What a wonderful place Jiwa Damai is! The property is beautiful including fascinating food and medicinal plants. I stayed for three nights in a traditional Lumbung. The space was really beautiful with its own bathroom and an upstairs bedroom. All of the staff were very caring and looked after me particularly well. The food was great, prepared with love and organic vegies and fruits from the gardens. The pool was magnificent, big enough to do laps. An unexpected bonus given I was there primarily to experience the organic fruit and vegetable gardens - which I did - and had great chats with the gardeners who were happy to share their knowledge and experience! A mixture of luxury and down to earth realness - including some remnant forest on the property, wonderful for walks. I would highly recommend Jiwa Damai to anyone particularly if you are interested in organic gardening and love a little luxury too!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank doris p
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

I stayed in Jiwa Damai for 5 weeks in February/ March 2013, as a volunteer there. At that moment, I was travelling in Indonesia for more than 7 months and I was looking for a quiet and peaceful place for my stay in Bali. Jiwa Damai proved to be just that: a resort that offered me the recovery I needed. Not to mention the fact that I truly enjoyed the activities I was part of as a volunteer.
The resort is beautiful, being very well taken care of. There are various types of rooms from which a guest can choose, including the lovely traditional balinese lumbungs. The gardens are really big and offer the perfect setting for a stroll during any moment of the day. I also enjoyed a lot swimming in the outdoor pool, which was the perfect way to end a hot day.
The staff were very friendly and always helpful with whatever you needed. They helped me understand a lot about traditional customs and celebrations in Bali.
I also appreciated very much the indonesian food prepared by the balinese cook and the fact that the fruits and vegetables were fresh, gathered from the own garden.
The yoga sessions held in the morning and the meditation sessions held in the afternoon made the experience even more enjoyable. They truly helped me relax my mind and my body.
All in all, I left Jiwa Damai promising myself that I have to come back as soon as possible. Because staying there was everything I expected and much more.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ana M
Kalimantan, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed in Jiwa Damai for more than one month, from 11th of February till 17th of March, I was a volunteer there during this period of time. In the same time there was a Permaculture Design Course held on the location, for 2 weeks, so I was happy to help them with everything they needed organizing this event and also learn some principles from the workshops. I loved working in the garden and learning about all kind of local fruits and vegetables they had.

My experience in Jiwa Damai was amazing! I had a great time there and I learned a lot of things.
The staff was very nice, they are amazing people and very willing to help every time.
The food was delicious, very healthy and fresh. The place is great if you are looking for peace, quiet and connection with the nature.
I loved the yoga lessons in the morning, who where held by different volunteers during the time I was there - Jiwa Damai has a special area for this so I could go practice by myself every time I felt the need, which was great. The meditations held by Margret, the caretaker of the place, in the evening were an amazing experiment for me, very helpful and relaxing.

All in all, the experience helped me a lot to be more balanced, aware of my feelings and emotions, in touch with nature, understand different people from different cultures and their behavior in diverse groups and it gave me a great positive energy for all my further actions.
I have been travelling through Indonesia for 6 months already, seeing all kind of places and people and definitely Jiwa Damai is one of my favorite! Congratulations!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Cat_1516_1
Ubud, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

It was fantastic experience to discover this retreat center in such pristine and untouched environment. We had 2 workshops there with 35 Russian women (March 28-31st) and 15 women (April 3rd-7th). It was a beautiful space for all practices which we did, very quiet and intimate. The staff was very friendly and helping and the food was amazing. Margaret, the caretaker of the place, was inventing everyday something new to suite Russian tastes in food, and people were very happy about it) Would definitely come back there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kirnata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Jiwa Damai - (March/April 2013)
I had the opportunity to work and stay as a volunteer at Jiwa Damai for almost 3 weeks.
All information I had prior to my arrival were from the internet, so I was very curious what would expect me.
As I soon realisied, Jiwa Damai is a place of peace, quietness and lovely, helpful people.
I worked in the green, very productive and diverse gardens and harvested various fruits and vegetables, that we had for the meals later.
The food provided in Jiwa Damai convinced me even more than I already was, of the quality and diversity of the balinese cuisine. Prepared with love, very diversified, fresh and most of all, almost completely from the own gardens.
A very interesting and enriching experience were the morning yoga lessons and heart meditations in the evening. Jiwa Damai for me presented the perfect setting therefor.
All in all I can say, if you are looking for a quiet and peacefull place to stay on Bali, with wonderful surroundings and people, Jiwa Damai is a perfect destination!

• Stayed April 2013