“Group Stay at Jiwa Damai”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jiwa Damai Organic Garden & Retreat
Ranked #112 of 527 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Cancun, Mexico
“Group Stay at Jiwa Damai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We brought a group of yoga students to Jiwa Damai and we stayed for 3 weeks. Our experience was pleasant and responded to our needs and desire to be in an eco-hotel. It is very interesting to see what all the work that is being done in the gardens to make the site as sustainable as possible. Rooms were clean, towel and sheet change when needed, keeping in mind to be environmentally conscious. Meals were traditional balinese and vegetarian for our group. The volunteers were very respectful and Margret was a great host.

We recommend the location to other groups although we would suggest making the stays shorter if the programs are intensive. Being right outside Ubud, Jiwa is also a quiet location.

Room Tip: There are many room options from budget to luxurious so everyone can be accommodated according to th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I enjoyed every single minute of my time at Jiwa Damai, also organic food was amazing and people running this place are the best. I spent at Jiwa Damai more then four weeks and is really very nice place to by and the energy from this place you can fell every single minute.

With love Pavel

PS: they have best swimming pool ever

Room Tip: every rooms are very nice at the Jiwa Damai
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Vinalhaven, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I attended a month long Yoga Teacher Training immersion program here. From head to Toe from Face To Soul, Jiwa Damai is a beautiful place. Aesthetically the property is arranged with function, form and openness in mind. The energy of the space is deep, spirituality flows naturally, self realization and healing are facilitated by every aspect of this amazing location. The staff has so much to offer, and I always felt loved and understood here, There are paths to walk, on premises or you can stroll around the village, with Ubud a close taxi ride away there is the opportunity to get into a more exciting atmosphere, but the peacefulness of Jiwa Damai is waiting for you when the day is done. Thank you all for supporting all of us through such a life changing experience. xoxoxoxo

Room Tip: I stay in the Lumbung. A nice climb up the hill and more private location. Beautiful rest happened h...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I just love Jiwa Damai! I facilitated a month long Yoga Teacher training at this amazing quiet space. Such a treat! A most magical, beautiful sanctuary. From the food, rooms, the permaculture garden, lush gardens, pool, fire pit.... Utterly peaceful. The place itself is built with water element surrounding the dining hall and living spaces, with fish swimming in it. Great energy. They also make there own natural dried fruit products, like mango, jackfruit,organic coconut oils. Just delicious.
A place of the heart. A must visit. A haven for the soul!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AnitaSundaram
Altdorf bei Nurnberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I just spent 6 weeks at Jiwa Damai doing an internship program I need for my studies in physical geography to the University in Germany.
It was a very strong experience - from developing my project and applying it in the permaculture garden to all the other aspects I learned about:
All in all it was quite an important experience and a learning on many different levels: climate, local culture, tropical environment, permaculture, working with people from Bali, England, America very mixed up. Another benefit that Jiwa Damai offers: yoga in the morning and heart meditation in the evening. It kept me fit during the time of the internship and stabilised/supported my mind by adapting and processing that which had confronted me. All of this learning was in addition to the skills I gained in relation to the hospitality industry.
Margret and Stephanie done great supervision and Made - the kitchen fairy cooked themoste delicious meals with our garden vegetables.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My partner and I had a wonderful time at Jiwa Damai Retreat. We were looked after from the time we arrived in Bali till we were delivered back to the airport. Our accommodation was amazing, the grounds were peaceful with pockets of different gardens and projects in progress. The staff and volunteers were all friendly and ready to help with anything. We enjoyed yoga and meditation a few times, a cooking class (the food was delicious) we have even showed off our recipes to the family! There was a computer so we still had access to email etc if we needed. We went bike riding around the local area, went on long walks by the rice paddies and swimming in the pool (There isn't a fitness center as such) It had a spiritual feeling about it and we both felt very refreshed when we arrived home. What we were most impressed with about Jiwa Damai, it wasn't just a resort but contributes and works with the local community and also supports a foundation for youths in Bali. Liz and Tony

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liz R
Missoula, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was at Jiwa Damai for only 10 short days, but those days left such a profound impact on me. The energy of Jiwa Damai is something rare and beautiful, a true sanctuary. Although I wish I could have stayed for longer, each day at Jiwa Damai was filled with peace and love. The support from the staff, the comfort, the food, the sunshine, the yoga, and the garden; all far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend Jiwa Damai to anyone who is looking for a true retreat. When you are in a place this beautiful, it is impossible not to focus on all the blessings one has. I found it to be in a perfect location, not too far from the fun of Ubud, but far enough away that you really felt like you were tucked in a secret space.

The food was so nourishing and some of the best I had in Indonesia during my stay. There is such care and thought put into every aspect of Jiwa Damai, and it is palpable from guests and volunteers alike. I hope I can someday return to Jiwa Damai, because it is a truly spectacular place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo