“I left my heart in Bali (at Villa Shamballa)”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge overlooking the 180 degree jungle valley Sunrise from your bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lounge overlooking the 180 degree jungle valley
Sunrise from your bed
Gorgeous infinity pool overlooking the valley
Relaxing by the pool
Infinity pool with 180 degree panoramic view
Magical world at night
Bathroom with bamboo forest view
Peaceful at night
Tropical living
Tree house bedroom
Villa Shamballa style
Romantic candlelit dinner for two
Daily cocktail hour service at dusk
Infinity pool and deck with 180 degree view
Tranquil and peaceful at night
Colonial theme
Cozy loung area with a constant tropical breeze
Tropical tree house
Tasteful decorations
Tropical flower bath
Dinning bale by the pool
Your tropical home in the jungle
Breakfast by the pool
Alfresco dining
Tropical living
Private yoga lesson
Signature Indonesian feast
Dvd, satellite tv, internet for your entertainment
Warm hospitality
Villa Shamballa, closest place to heaven on earth
Bedroom and living area at night
The perfect location to recharge your batteries
Welcome to Villa Shamballa
Praying at the villa temple
Infinity pool and valley view
Pool at night
Ideal for a honeymoon (small wedding at the villa in March 2012)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Turkish first
Any
Kristin L
Troy, New York
“I left my heart in Bali (at Villa Shamballa)”
Reviewed 30 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

I'm lost for words. Where to begin...

While on the final roadway approaching the villa I'd wondered if my driver was in the right place. The road narrowed and then became a grass lane before reaching the hidden entrance. I wasn't sure what I was walking into and then the beautiful rustic wooden doors opened and it was as if I was walking into heaven, right then and there.

Villa Shamballa is the closest I've come to ultimate private, peaceful, romantic luxury in one of the most beautiful settings in the world. I didn't realize until arriving that I'd have my own pair of caretakers (Kadek and Minnie).

The moment I walked in Kadek gently greeted me with a bright yellow plumeria lei, a cool damp towel, a glass of freshly pressed juice, and a huge smile. There was soft tropical music playing and yellow plumeria flowers absolutely everywhere!

After being shown around this two-story dream come true—which included a dining area, a cozy living room-style lounge (with bright white, comfy cushioned couches, shays, and entertainment unit), and my own lukewarm infinity pool, and large bathroom with an outdoor shower and marble bathtub on the first floor; and a sprawling bedroom with lounge, bathroom and shower and amazing half open air, thatch roofed second floor—I set my things down, took a million photos, and then immediately went into the infinity pool!

For the next 3 nights and 2 days I felt like a well cared for lady of importance. Haha! :) Seriously, I've never been so well taken care of. Minnie and Kadek were quiet and let me be but if I needed anything they appeared in a flash and were more than accommodating.

I would rise with the sun and peaceful sound of the birds singing, and sometimes Honey (the cat) would greet me in the morning as well; I'd have a sunrise swim followed by breakfast at our pre-arranged time, maybe go for another swim and then do some work (I work remotely on my computer). It was THE most peaceful and luxurious experience I've ever had in my life. And even though it may be possible that I'm the only person who has stayed at Villa Shamballa by herself (solo backpack-style traveler here), it did not take away from how incredibly comfortable, relaxed, and 'zen' I felt the entire time.

Being vegan wasn't a problem. Kadek prepared fantastic plant-based meals, each one better than the last. And when I needed to make a run into Ubud city center, they had a scooter shuttle service available within minutes!

It was exactly what I was looking for after a busy (and loud and hectic) few days staying with a Balinese family and more time in the city center. Ubud city center is great but notorious for being very loud (constant vehicle honing horns), and crowded. Also when walking around many people shout at the non-locals for taxi rides, massages, and donations. So having a place to completely escape the madness was absolutely heavenly.

I can't speak highly enough about the attentiveness and kindness expressed by Kadek and Minnie, and Wayan (who took me into the city center that one day). Each person was sweet, soft spoken, and had beautiful, gentle energy about them.

Aside from wishing I could have shared the experience with someone (hello future honeymoon destination!) I wish I could have afforded more of their incredible spa services and offerings.

This is an all-in-one stay; you don't need to leave if you don't want to! And for the most part that's what I did. Swam, ate, worked, swam, napped, read books, watched a movie on the provided TV, swam some more, ate some more. It was the ultimate in luxurious relaxation and each morning since I've left I hope beyond hope that when I open my eyes I will be back at Villa Shamballa.

Whatever you have to do to stay even a few nights, do it. You will not regret it!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Nacho V
“Peacefull, relax, awesome villa”
Reviewed 22 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

If you are looking for a great and relaxing days everywhere, this is your place, the villa, the location, the staff, the food, evething is fantastic.

We finished our trip, in this villa and was the perfect end for a wonderfull days.

thanks

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: relax
Liked least: nothing
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
peteandje...
“TRUE SLICE OF PARADISE”
Reviewed 9 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

For those of you Looking for a romantic getaway in a breathtaking location your searching is over! Villa Shamballa in Ubud is nestled away in a valley (just outside of the hustle and bustle of Ubud central) with your own private views in a spectacularly appointed resistance.
Location wise we found it to be centrally located yet far enough away from the Ubud Market area to afford the best of both worlds. The photos of the villa are true to life with the only exception that Villa Shamballa is actually more impressive in person. You won't want for anything while staying here. The staff (which are on call 24/7) are so very accommodating and genuine. Was a joy to get to interact and know them over our stay.
We'll definitely return, don't miss out on the most treasured and unforgettable stay in Bali and take my advice and book your own Spectacular stay @ Villa Shamballa!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jennie C
Western Australia, Australia
“Breathtaking views, wonderful staff”
Reviewed 22 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Our stay at shamballa villa was a wonderful experience, staff were so friendly and eager to tend to us at all times. The villa was beautiful with absolutely breathtaking views of the infinity pool looking over the jungle. Very clean facility and peaceful to relax in. Would definitely reccomend :)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
CRVH
Adelaide, Australia
“unexpected style and beauty”
Reviewed 8 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I am typing this review whilst still staying in Villa Shamballa - enjoying the view from the lounge over the pool into the valley. The residence's magic spell might prevent you from exploring its surroundings as it is simply too beautiful to leave.. fabulous design, well chosen furniture, perfect size of private pool, wonderful dinners and caring, discreet and beautiful staff - it is a place to celebrate a special occasion or simply treat yourself to a re-energising time in heaven. I agree with other reviewers that the traffic noise from across the valley and renovating sounds from other houses are taking away from its peacefulness, yet on the other hand that is part of being in a real neighbourhood and not a sterile hotel. To relax in pure luxury whilst there is buzz around this outstanding residence makes it a unique place. I also enjoyed communicating with the owners via email - everything here was very smooth and managers, caretakers, chef Iluh and Dewe would easily win any client service award competition - the villa is immaculately clean and their smiles and care will make it hard for us to leave..

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: design/ furniture and staff
Liked least: traffic noise
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Heiner G
Hessigkofen, Switzerland
“Luxerious villa in a tropical setting”
Reviewed 8 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Very nice villa with friendly staff. Beautiful large swimming pool. A little setback is a road across the small valley that can be a bit noisy. Regardless of that we can recommend this villa wholeheartedly.

Jo K
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful tropical sanctuary with first class service!”
Reviewed 31 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

My mom and I stayed at Villa Shamballa and loved every minute of it! We were greeted with Mango juice on arrival and were warmly welcomed. Instantly we felt relaxed and pampered, and we savored the exceptional food cooked by Illuh almost every night. We had a great stay and would not change anything, such a perfect villa - highly recommended!

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing