“As beautiful as billed”
Review of Spa at Maya

Spa at Maya
Ranked #27 of 201 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Balancing the human senses through holistic harmony is the mission of the Spa at Maya. From the simplest treatment to an extended sensory journey, skilled and caring therapists have but one goal – to create memorable experiences for guests. Hosted in the lush river rainforest valley, the spa extends calm and tranquility. From a central reception pavilion, walkways wind through lush foliage to private treatment pavilions, which are complete with daybeds overlooking the valley, bathtubs, outdoor showers and toilet facilities. These are personal havens in which to enjoy a variety of body re-charge treatments and extended spa packages. For the ultimate reflexology recharge, Riverside Deck overhangs the energetic waters of Petanu. It is here that flagging spirits are stimulated in this ancient healing therapy. Spa at Maya also offers Pevonia Tropical Rejuvenation products for skin and repair facials, using rich micro-emulsified gel and age defying collagen booster treatments - for both him and her – complimenting the whole body focus that includes body scrubs and wraps. Additionally, a relaxing bathing experience can be enjoyed in the privacy of a guest’s own villa or room, with a selection of four luxurious alternatives prepared by a personal assistant.
Beirut, Lebanon
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“As beautiful as billed”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We were looking for a romantic couples' spa treatment in Bali, and this fully met expectations. We had a private open-air bungalow overlooking a lovely river and tropical jungle with flowers everywhere. We each had 3 treatments side-by-side and tailored to him and her, plus a milk-flower bath together at the end. It was not cheap by Asian travel standards, but considering the number of treatments and the time we spent there (about 3 hours), the price was certainly reasonable (and *really* cheap by U.S. or European standards)! The treatments were well above average, and the service was excellent. They really gave us our privacy and let us enjoy the space. Highly recommended for a romantic couple spa splurge!

Visited February 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Tranquility in the rainforest”
Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

I had wanted to stay at maya ubud during my recent visit to Bali but stupidly stayed opposite the monkey forest. Instead the day I left for Bali I reserved a two hr booking at the spa at maya. The setting is gorgeous, it's so peaceful. During my treatment there was an hour thunderstorm which I loved because the room opens out to the rainforest and the smell and breeze wafts onto the room. I found the service attentive and of high quality. I tried various other spas in Bali and this is my favourite yet.

Perth
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Deserves every award it has won!”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I first visited this Spa 8 years ago and it has always been my "one to beat" that all others spa's have been compared to. I returned with a friend for a special birthday treat and it was worth every penny. The setting is just as beautiful, lush and tropical as i remember. The sound of the river while having a fantastic relaxing massage is wonderful. The flower bath is lovely with loads of Frangipani's and orchids(!) a drink and nibble are provided too.
The staff are very experienced - knew exactly what they were doing, they were friendly and helpful and really went out of their way to make sure we had a good visit.
You really do get the full spa / pampering experience here, it's like nowhere else in the world!!

Visited October 2012
Kuala Lumpur
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“A feel of bliss and paradise”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Maya spa is located down a river valley of a mountain surrounded by forests and water cascade.. The individual spa room has an open concept with a splendid view of the outdoors and the bath is just there. While the massage and treatments were not the best I've experience but still very good, soaking in the flower bath was most unforgettable - in total nature surrounding yet luxurious at the same time. I could have been there forever.. And yes, the service was very good and you feel pampered as a queen..

Visited October 2012
Manhattan Beach, California
3 attraction reviews
“This was the best part of our trip.”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Ok. Close your eyes. Now imagine getting a massage next to the women of your dreams while in a cliff side bungalow overlooking a window set in a rainforest. Then the two of you enjoy a private flower pedal bath in the same setting. Then you get to swim in an infinity pool set amongst this rainforest. Oh and then you enjoy a river side lunch all pretty much to yourselves!! Yep That Happens at the Spa at Maya Ubud. All of that was priceless. We paid only $200 us total. It was a special but I would have paid $500. The hour massage alone was worth it!

Visited September 2012