“What a view”
Review of Spa at Maya

Spa at Maya
Ranked #27 of 208 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: Balancing the human senses through holistic harmony is the mission of the Spa at Maya. From the simplest treatment to an extended sensory journey, skilled and caring therapists have but one goal – to create memorable experiences for guests. Hosted in the lush river rainforest valley, the spa extends calm and tranquility. From a central reception pavilion, walkways wind through lush foliage to private treatment pavilions, which are complete with daybeds overlooking the valley, bathtubs, outdoor showers and toilet facilities. These are personal havens in which to enjoy a variety of body re-charge treatments and extended spa packages. For the ultimate reflexology recharge, Riverside Deck overhangs the energetic waters of Petanu. It is here that flagging spirits are stimulated in this ancient healing therapy. Spa at Maya also offers Pevonia Tropical Rejuvenation products for skin and repair facials, using rich micro-emulsified gel and age defying collagen booster treatments - for both him and her – complimenting the whole body focus that includes body scrubs and wraps. Additionally, a relaxing bathing experience can be enjoyed in the privacy of a guest’s own villa or room, with a selection of four luxurious alternatives prepared by a personal assistant.
Gold Coast
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“What a view”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I booked two River Escape packages for myself and friend. The resort is just lovely and the view is stunning. I had the 60 min massage and body scrub and my friend had the massage and flower bath. I enjoyed my treatments however I am not super keen on outdoor showers and felt a little bit creeped out as far as privacy goes (Im sure no-one can see in, just my hang up). I am not a massage expert by any means and can't normally lay still for too long however I did enjoy this. My friend felt her flower bath was too hot so she was a bit disappointed with that however I am not sure if she advised the staff of this or not as they may have offered to correct the problem. As part of the package we had a 2 course lunch with a juice. I enjoyed everything until the desert came out. It looked delicious but I didn't like the texture or the flavour. I am glad I gave myself the opportunity to have such a treat in Bali and I can now tick it off my bucket list.

Visited March 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Bliss by the river”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

While staying at the Maya resort, we had spa treatments. It was down many levels beside the river. Hard to explain in words but I would recommend this experience of massage to all who stay at this resort. Just an awesome place to be in.

Visited June 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Spa experience very poor”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We went to use the maya spa facilities for their massage package. Each time we go to Bali we will make reservation to have their extended massage package. For ten years the place and the package has been a subliminal experience.

Unfortunately on this trip the quality of the massage therapists and abilities has deteriorated significantly. The massage experience was poor and did not live up to its billing.

When we expressed dissatisfaction the spa manager very graciously offered to waive the charges. While we appreciate the gesture we are disappointed that one of Ubud subliminal experience is falling in its standards and hope they will do whatever it takes to maintain or improve it in the future.

5 Thank Rahulh
Beirut, Lebanon
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“As beautiful as billed”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We were looking for a romantic couples' spa treatment in Bali, and this fully met expectations. We had a private open-air bungalow overlooking a lovely river and tropical jungle with flowers everywhere. We each had 3 treatments side-by-side and tailored to him and her, plus a milk-flower bath together at the end. It was not cheap by Asian travel standards, but considering the number of treatments and the time we spent there (about 3 hours), the price was certainly reasonable (and *really* cheap by U.S. or European standards)! The treatments were well above average, and the service was excellent. They really gave us our privacy and let us enjoy the space. Highly recommended for a romantic couple spa splurge!

Visited February 2012
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Tranquility in the rainforest”
Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

I had wanted to stay at maya ubud during my recent visit to Bali but stupidly stayed opposite the monkey forest. Instead the day I left for Bali I reserved a two hr booking at the spa at maya. The setting is gorgeous, it's so peaceful. During my treatment there was an hour thunderstorm which I loved because the room opens out to the rainforest and the smell and breeze wafts onto the room. I found the service attentive and of high quality. I tried various other spas in Bali and this is my favourite yet.