“Great Way to spend a few hours”

Bali Nature Herbal Walks
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I have recommended this walk to everyone who goes to Ubud - why? Well, I think it's an enjoyable way to spend a few hours walking through the rice fields, learning about Balinese customs and traditions. After a couple of hours, we stopped at an organic little restaurant, right in the rice fields, for a refreshing drink of fresh coconut milk. The walk was very informative, and finished at Made's shop in Jl Suewa where we were offered a cup of beautifully tasting herbal tea. It was delicious, with the taste of a variety of herbs and spices coming through, very invigorating. The walk takes something like 3 hours, but the duration depends on the guests, as all questions about Balinese traditional life are answered.
Next time I am in Ubud I'll do the Jamu Class, an introduction to traditional Balinese remedies.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"called jamu"
"an upset stomach"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this walk"
"rice fields"
in 4 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 5 September 2012

This isn't only a walk about herbs and plants - it's so much more. In an easy 3 hour stroll through the rice fields Lilir and Westi tell you about the life and customs of the Balinese people you meet and see every day in Bali. You get an insight into the plants all around that are used to make food as well as remedies plus a stop at a tiny warung to sip fresh coconut juice and hear more tales about the organisation of the wonderful rice growing community, The walk ends with a hot herbal tea and the chance to look at or buy from a huge range of organic products - but with 'no pressure' only joy in passing on their knowledge. This will be the most rewarding 3 hours of you Bali holiday.

1  Thank AdelaideLaine
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Lilir shares her amazing knowledge of traditional medicine. I can only recommend this walk as well as the Jamu class...especially if you are interested in natural medicine and herbal remedies. During the herbal walk, my friend and I learned about a variety of different herbs and plants which are basically alot of elements of our everyday products from the ground up, without additives or preseratives. In the Jamu class we learned how to use these basic elements to produce amazing body products such as a body scrub, body oil, a healthy drink and a body mask which has many health and healing properties. I could only wish that I have a drop of Lilir's knowledge about plants, herbs, fruits and vegetables - she is an amazing lady. Her shop is also full of healthy and amzing natural products! I think this is a must for anyone intersted in herbal medicines and remedies!

1  Thank Misspiggylovespink
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

A lovely easy walk through the small pads of Ubud and through the rice fields. It's very nice to see where the herbs and veggies you buy in the shop at home, come from. They just grow in the tree or bush here in Ubud. You may see them on your travel through indonesia but don't have the notice that's a lemon grass plant or a clove. This walk made me a lot wiser.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This herbal walk was very informative. We learned so much about plants and herbs. The walk is "stop and go", so you walk a bit, the guide points out a plant and discusses it, then you move on to the next plant. The walk starts in Ubud and moves into the rice paddy, but it doesn't feel like a long walk at all, since the rice paddies are essentially right behind the buildings in Ubud. We brought a 1-year-old (already walking), so the pace is great for children (but not stroller-friendly). There was just one other couple on the tour when we went, so it was a small group. We stopped at a "shop" in the middle of the rice paddy to have some fresh coconut juice. I felt that the stop was a bit long, but not a big deal. The walk ends at a shop where you have some tea, but there is no pressure to buy anything. They sell essential oils and natural body care products at the shop. I bought the Nadis Herbal Gentle Touch body creme, which smells like fresh flowers...no need for perfume! I would highly recommend this walk for nature-lovers or anyone wanting a relaxing, informative experience walking through the rice paddy.

2  Thank ihsod