“actually really enjoyed it :)”

Bali Nature Herbal Walks
brisbane
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“actually really enjoyed it :)”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband is a naturopath in Australia and I thought it was just going to be another day. I enjoyed listening to Debbie's experiences and her life in ubud.

The 3 hour tour went quickly, liked the coconut milk and the stop at the shop.

Thanks for a great time.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic day, fantastic guide!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Lilir the woman who owns this business took a group of 6 of us on the walk. She teaches Ayurvedic medicine at a university in Denpasar and was so knowledgable. Great English, very patient and friendly. Every plant is used in so many ways, and she explained all. We also learned about the Balinese subac (rice terrace system), and saw traditional bee hives and how to make gas from cow dung. Each time we saw a local farmer Lilir explained what was happening and why.....she was passionate about the Balinese retaining their connection to their land. We finished in their shop which sells many lovely products. I did most of my gift shopping here; the natural beauty products and massage oils are exceptional. Wear a hat and sunscreen and take a small notebook and pen. Fabulous day.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank JennyTells
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Arrange your own transport if not staying in Ubud”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We actually never did the tour, just wanted to advise all to arrange your own transport and book your tour from Ubud. We were offered transport by the company (from Legian), the driver was an hour late, the condition of his car, made it a two hour trip to Ubud (he did not speak english), to then be dropped off at the back of the museum, to wait another 20 minutes for the tour organiser to meet us. At that point we decided to forget about it all. It was disappointing because we were looking forward to the tour.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Annelies F
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Did not deliver what it advertised”
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

This program came highly recommended from friends and the website looked professional and program interesting. Unfortunately - this program disappointed in so many levels. For one, when I first made the reservation, It sounded like they didn't want the business. They didn't take my information and said the'll text me the infirmation. They never did so I had to call back. It turns out that I was talking to the owner of the business and I was going to blame the lack of professionalism on a poorly trained staff. As it turns out I was the only participant on the tour which explains the lack of interest. My guide, though nice as she is, turns out to be a young farmer girl they probably contacted last minute. I learned a few things but most of the time she was talking about how poor her family is.

The program was advertised to be 3 hrs of walking and learning. The program did not go to the places it indicated on the itinerary and I ended up finishing the tour in 1 1/2hrs. I was so upset and asked the guide to contact the owner. He didn't apologize but instead argued about the detail of the program. He offered 1/2 price but I felt that did not compensate for the time lost. It's such a shame because it is a potentially interesting program. The owner of this business should consider just focusing on his storefront business of selling herbs because his customer service and implementation is terrible. Never have I been as disappointed as this.

5 Thank TravelEatSpa
Thailand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Have a walk, a tea and feel the magic of Bali”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This small shop owns by a natural healers offers to have a -really peaceful & interested- guided walk in the rice paddys of Ubud,
after a couple of hours broadening my knowledge about black magic, medicinal and traditional plants and herbs, drinking fresh coco water; I followed the guide to his shop where I discovered a wide choice of quality homemade teas, essential oils and cosmetics

Visited January 2013