Open today: 08:00 - 22:00

Book in advance
from
£40.49
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Lobong Culinary Experience
from £40.49
More Info
All reviews family compound local market cooking class balinese culture local ingredients highlight of our trip balinese home bali trip dishes indonesia
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2019

Picked up from accommodation and transported to a locals market to learn about the ingredients we would be using. Really fascinating, buy some mangosteen while you are there, they are beautiful.
After the market we were taken to the beautiful family compound for a snack and a cup of tea.
We then walked over to cooking area and met the chef who would take us through the preparation and cooking processes.
It was a really enjoyable experience in total. Only a few small things would have made it better. The preparation area was really hot and a couple of small wall mount oscillating fans would have made a big difference.
Also the food had a little bit of a "here's one I prepared earlier" issue.
I would recommend Lobong. A great experience.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank Space-o50
Reviewed 20 January 2019 via mobile

Lobong cooking class takes you on a tour of a local market before going to the hosts family home to learn how to make some traditional Balinese dishes. The people were extremely friendly and knowledgeable! While we learnt some techniques of Balinese cooking, we also got an insight and understanding into Balinese culture.
Also you get to eat the food you have learnt to cook!

An experience you won’t regret.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

This is my first vacation cooking class. I give Lebong 5 stars! English was very good. Great cultural experience. It was a seamless operation. I loved going to a local market. My 12 yo had a great time! Food was delicious. I’ve always wanted to learn how to make peanut sauce. I highly recommend this class

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

This is the best cooking class experience that I've ever attended. Sang Made was very helpful and detailed with his explanation. We learned more than just cooking, we learned about Balinese culture, Balinese spices and more of how the local Balinese people lives.

The tour starts at the local market (the non-touristy type of market) where the local buys their produce for their home cooking. We then head back to the home of Lobong Culinary and learned about the experience from Sang Made.

Too bad I can only give this experience 5 stars, I would've given it 8 stars out of 8 if needed.

Keep up the great work Sang Made!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 8 December 2018

I don't know what to say that hasn't been stated by others. Like other reviewers, I've taken cooking classes all over the world. This is my favorite. I won't repeat what others said only to emphasize that you will not struggle a bit to understand their English. Also, I don't think it was a fluke that the group of us, eight I think, enjoyed each other's company. I think it's a mixture of the hosts, the cook, and the fact that people taking the tour are also interested in the Balinese culture, not just the food. Do not miss this.

Date of experience: November 2018