Open today: 08:00 - 22:00

Book in advance
from
£40.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Lobong Culinary Experience
from £40.00
More Info
All reviews family compound local market cooking class balinese culture local ingredients highlight of our trip balinese home bali trip dishes indonesia
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2024

The best cooking and cultural class of my life!! I already lived in Bali for one month in the past and had been in Bali for my second time for two weeks already, but I learned so many things I didn't know about in just my few short hours with Sang Made and his sweet family. I highly recommend this experience (it's truly and experience not just a cooking class) if you want to learn more about Balinese food and culture.

Date of experience: February 2024
lobongcooking, Manager at Lobong Culinary Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2024

Dear darac2 ,

Thank you for your great review. glad to hear that you had enjoyed the culinary and culture experience. our strong commitment to share the genuine Bali . we hope you could be able to duplicate the recipe at home and share Bali food to your friends and your family.

all the very best to you from our family

best regards
Sang Made

Reviewed 1 February 2024

What an amazing day learning about Balinese life, family, religion, culture and food! My wife, sister and I met our host at the local farmer’s market at about 8am, after the real rush of morning business, to learn about the various fruits, vegetables, seasonings, herbs, etc., used in Balinese cooking. After our tour of the market and small purchases, we went to our host’s family home and we spent the day preparing an appetizer soup, entree and dessert. After the ritual offerings at the home temple, we had a lovely meal and enjoyed our various creations. We highly recommend spending a half a day if you have any inkling that you’d like to learn more about Bali and the Balinese people!

Date of experience: January 2024

Dear hitendp ,

thank you for your amazing review. happy to hear that you had enjoyed the culinary experience. we hope you could be able to duplicate the recipe at home and share your Bali food memories to your friend and families.

wishing you a great day from Ubud Bali and hope to catch up again in the near future for another great Balinese culinary experience.

best regards
Sang Made

Reviewed 19 January 2024

Learning to cook dishes I enjoyed during my visit to Bali was one of the highlights of the trip. Our chef was wonderful and the visit to the local market was amazing. I’m excited to use the recipes to cook clean and delicious foods using fresh ingredients instead of the prepackaged spices. I also enjoyed learning about their beautiful culture and traditions.

Date of experience: January 2024
Reviewed 9 December 2023

The Lobong culinary experience was a joyful and thorough experience that covered the rich culture of bali in a traditional home through their incredible food. All of the ingredients were explained in detail and were fresh with a majority of them being home made and home grown. The food we were introduced to was exceptionally unique and tasty and unlike anything offered by bali restaurants we had visited. Sang Maday was a brilliant instructor who made the evening enjoyable and educational and was happy and knowledgeable to answer any of our many questions. The session also included insight into their life and culture with a tour to their home Temple which was very interesting. Overall I rate it a 10/10 as it depicts Bali's rich culture perfectly with their delicious and unique food.

Date of experience: December 2023
Reviewed 15 November 2023

An endearing and knowledgeable introduction to Balinese culture and cooking. After a tour of the morning market in a nearby village, we were allowed into the private home, where several generations live, to help prepare and cook a Balinese meal together with other family members. We really enjoyed this and learned a lot about ingredients and spices. It was particularly nice that we were allowed to accompany our host's mother during the ritual sacrifice that took place before lunch.

Date of experience: October 2023
lobongcooking, Manager at Lobong Culinary Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2023

Dear Beate9 ,

Thank you for your wonderful review. it was great to welcome you in our home and share Bali food and culture with you. we wish you the very best and hope to catch up again in the near future for another great Balinese authentic culinary experience

warmest regards