We booked a stay here via Scoupon.com and had a wonderful trip. It was our FIRST TIME in Bali.
The accommodation is magnificent, with a fantastic large, comfortable bed, LOTS of room in the kitchen and a wonderful open top entry and plunge pool. The bathroom was huge and very well equipped.
The hotel has a large pool situated close to the Spa and the restaurant with incredible views.
The staff were exceptionally friendly and the hotel provided drivers were GREAT. We had Mardi and Putu, they were both sensational.
The hotel provides FREE shuttles into Ubud market, which is also fantastic for us first timers.
There was regularly provided mosquito coils and the staff waited until they had spoken to you before sending someone to clean your room, which was great because you weren't interrupted while having a 'day in'.
The food was great and well priced, breakfast was very good and had many, many options.
Had we not bought this via scoupon it might've been a bit expensive for us, but we have 0 complaints. As a first timer in Bali the staff spoke good english, were helpful with tours and activities and the drivers were highly knowledgeable.
There would only be two complaints - the linen often smelt as if it hadn't had time to dry correctly, this is really, really hard in Bali because of the humidity but the use of dryers or even just fans would prevent the smell (we also come from a sub-tropical climate).
Finally, it always feels like someone is trying to sell you something, even during friendly conversation. This is in no way restricted to the hotel, this is the feeling throughout Bali. You just always feel like you are obligated to go somewhere or pay something.
FREE transfers to and from the airport are incredible and do NOT under estimate the value of two free bottles of water to your room!!!
Overall our stay was 9/10, fantastic resort and a great holiday. When I read the reviews for people who judged this "poor" or "terrible" I can only think that these were posted by this resorts competition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Rich Luxury Villa & Spa Ubud is reminiscent of a traditional Balinese village where life is lived just one day at a time. The property embraces a green parcel of landscape overlooking the Wos River on the rural outskirts of Ubud. It is an area charged with spiritual energy where the legacy of local art and culture is carefully preserved. Guests are welcomed with a signature brand of hospitality and personalized services that enhance the quality of each and every stay. Bali Rich Luxury Villa & Spa Ubud is removed from the busy pace of modern living. It is a place to take time out to relax and rediscover the simple pleasures revealed by each by each new day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Rich Luxury Villas Ubud Hotel Gianyar
- Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud Bali