My wife and I happened upon Bali Rich because we booked late in the high season and it was one of the few places with a room available. I was worried because the price (~US$240/night) was pretty high for Bali -- our driver's eyes almost popped out of his head when I told him how much we were paying for accomodation (and I was so embarassed that I only told him $200). I was mentally preparing myself to get ripped off.
I was wrong.
Yes, you can stay in Bali for a fraction of the price, but a place like this in the US or Oz or Western Europe would be $600/night, easy. If you feel like a splurge for great value, check this place out.
The hotel is a series of private, impeccably clean independant villas with a courtyard, outdoor kitchen, beautiful king-sized bed, small private pool, and luxurious shower and bath (and air conditioning). It offers a wide array of spa services and crafts classes that we did not try.
The grounds open onto a spectactular view of a small valley and terraced rice paddys. Everything is lush and green and beautiful. There is an infinity pool that opens to the view, and the restaurant also opens to the valley, providing a beautiful setting for breakfast overlooking the misty jungle.
Also, the restaurant (with full-menu, 24-hour room service) does not egregiously inflate its prices like most nice hotels.
The staff, unsurprisingly, are completely courteous and friendly. We were spoiled rotten.
The hotel has several paths that provide beautiful walks around and into the valley, and is relatively close to Ubud (about an hour walk if you don't mind risking your life along a narrow road, or a short shuttle ride).
The only drawback is that the shuttle to Ubud is not complimetary (40,000 rupiah, or about US$5 each way). But that is a small quibble.
I highly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Rich Luxury Villa & Spa Ubud is reminiscent of a traditional Balinese village where life is lived just one day at a time. The property embraces a green parcel of landscape overlooking the Wos River on the rural outskirts of Ubud. It is an area charged with spiritual energy where the legacy of local art and culture is carefully preserved. Guests are welcomed with a signature brand of hospitality and personalized services that enhance the quality of each and every stay. Bali Rich Luxury Villa & Spa Ubud is removed from the busy pace of modern living. It is a place to take time out to relax and rediscover the simple pleasures revealed by each by each new day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Rich Luxury Villas Ubud Hotel Gianyar
- Ashoka Tree Resort Ubud Bali