All reviews family room the cottages the main street tub and shower making noise love ubud spent nights here walking distance good size late check balinese hospitality big bathroom enjoyable stay pool area ubud market great pool monkey forest
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We had booked 4 nights with Alas Petulu, however they neglected to tell us their swimming pool was out of order. The room and location was good however with the hot days and kids we really wanted to stay at a place with a pool so we moved hotels. Also their wifi is terrible and I would skip their breakfast and take a short walk into town for something a bit nicer.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
DirgaBali, Owner at Alas Petulu Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your review We are very sorry to read of your disappointments in the service you experiences
Regarding the swimming pool was not out of order order, obviously there was on treatment progress
Also the internet connection was disconnected by the center because there was an event held by royal family in Ubud at the time
Please be assure we take all review seriously in order to improve our product and service for the benefit of future guests. Thanks again we hope you will visit Bali and Alas Petulu again

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Stayed at this very nice spot for 4 nights, and found it very nice. Located 10-20 minutes walk from most restaurants and some of the central sights in a quiet area, which we appreciated very much as the streets of Ubud are very noisy. Our room had a nice terrasse facing the garden, a big bathroom with tub and shower, and a bedroom with a wonderfull big and fitm bed. All was very clean and in order, and the room was serviced on a daily basis. There are tee and coffee making facilities. There is also a television, wifi worked well all the time. Breakfast is a small fruit platter, eggs to order, juice, toast or brown bread and butter and jam. Tee or coffee as well. Made and her crew are nice and welcoming and will do their best to help you.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I stayed at this hotel for four nights. Upon check-in there was a man who barely spoke English, and he pointed at my name on a list to check if that was me.
After check in he carried my luggage to the room. There are a lot of steps to some of the rooms and pool area, so if you travel with a stroller or small children, you must ask for a room with less stairs.
My room 109 had a large balcony overlooking the gardens and the smaller upper pool and had lot of sun in the afternoon.
The room is large and spacious, but it doesn’t have any furniture besides a large king size bed and a desk. So if you want to watch TV you need to lie on the bed. I travelled alone so for me it was ok, but some nice chairs would have been appreciated.

Internet is fairly good at this hotel, but it tends to ”slow down” on speed at night or when it rains. Every room/villa has its own SSID for the Internet. You log on and have limited coverage depending on where you are in the facility. My coverage was good in the room, balcony and the pool area, but nothing in the dining area. There is a very good flat-screen TV with lots of international channels and good movie channels (HBO and Fox) with original sound and Indonesian sub titles, so that is good.

The bathroom was large with both a shower and a tub. Everything is clean and nice. There are also a lot of storage space for clothes and a safety deposit box.

So far, so good! Unfortunately this hotel looks a bit worn out. The sun umbrellas by the pool have not been changed for some time, and they don´t look good. Gardens are nice, and kept neat by gardeners, but you get a feeling that the management don´t bother much about regular maintenance.
The breakfast in the morning is very simple menu style. American or Continental. And with an Indonesian option if you pre-order the day before. there are also other options that you can bye from a menu. Coffee is terrible. I believe they make to pots early in the morning and serve the same coffee until the breakfast closes at 11am.

The hotel is by walking distance from the main road at Ubud. It took me about 10-12 minutes to walk, so no need for a taxi. It will not get you any faster due to the small roads and heavy traffic.
In my opinion this hotel is a bit expensive compared to quality, but I will give it 3 out of 5 marks on the score. I love Ubud, but will live somewhere else the next time I visit Ubud.

Room Tip: A lot of stair to some rooms, so ask for a room with less stairs in you have trouble with accessability.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Lars_Stroem
Reviewed 25 June 2017

We stayed at Alas Petulu Cottages on our recent stay in Ubud, Bali. They were fantastic value for money, with clean and comfortable rooms and villas, We certainly made great use of the pool area and the grounds were delightful. By far and away the best part were the staff who were so friendly and would do anything to make your stay a better one.

Room Tip: If you can get a villa - they are slightly nicer
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel was pretty an the set up was nice and clean but if you are hoping for a decent night sleep i would avoid.
Some things out of the hands of the hotel, but there seems to be a lot of dogs, cats and roosters in the area making noise very loud all night and unfortunately along with the baby of the family who live there and the building works going off we were ready to leave after the second night due to lack of sleep or the ability to relax but unfortunately had another 2 to go.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple