“Fields of Gold - Awesome!”

BaliGoBike - Bali Cycling Tours
Ranked #12 of 198 Outdoor Activities in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: BaliGoBike Cycling Tours offers Bali downhill cycling adventure, mountain, trekking and rice paddy walking. Operated by Balinese, located in Ubud, Bali. BaliGoBike was born to become the amazing Bali Cycling Tour Company located in Ubud, an original route through small traditional villages in Ubud and along quiet roads and trails to expose an untouched side of Bali. Experience an exhilarating ride and be welcomed by many friendly locals on the way. Join Bali Countryside Cycling Tour and Rice Paddy Walking with BaliGoBike
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I couldn't help but think of Sting's song "Fields of Gold" as I and my family rode through the small villages and rice fields on our family's BaliGoBike tour. My wife and three teenage children thoroughly enjoyed themselves

The ride was excellent. It was nearly all downhill so not in any way physically challenging, and on those few hunted meters of climbing, we were not too proud to walk the bikes. But the ride still has its challenges, its twists and turns, dodging chickens, riding around dogs lazily sleeping on the road and a few rough patches; and the lack of concentration, taking in all the scenery and the very friendly greetings of the local Balinese.

The cultural aspect of the tour was very informative. Our guide Gede (pronounced G'Day for our trip) and his assistant, Kadeck were extremely friendly, went to great lengths explaining the religion, village life, house construction and traditional farming methods. Gede was warm, knowledgeable and humorous.

The trip also provided a morning tea with spectacular views overlooking the Batur volcano, a chance to try Luwak coffee, a beautiful lunch at the owners house on completion and fun throughout.

4  Thank peted2830
in 9 reviews
"stop traffic"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I made the Kintamani cycling tour with a friend o f mine a couple of weeks ago, played the Gamelan, had a delicious breakfast just in fronte of Mount Batur...it was the best experience of my holiday in Bali!!
Also many many thanks to Gede, who was our very special guide during this tour...he explained to us the fascinating balinese culture and made our day an unforgettable one.
I really recommend this tour to everybody visiting Bali and ask for Gede as your tour guide!!

4  Thank giulia c
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A fabulous day had by all. Suits all fitness levels and mostly downhill , our tour guide Gede was fabulous, he was informative and very entertaining and really looked after you explaining in detail many sights along the way. Breakfast overlooking Kintamani Volcano was a great way to start our decline to Ubud. Riding bikes allowed us to see much of the villages and locals at play. The trip ended with a magnificent Indonesian lunch at a family home, very personal. Kadek, the son of the owner was most accommodating and we were made feel right at home. After lunch we were all given a music lesson and played traditional Balinese instruments. Cannot thank them enough.... The entire day was totally safe.

4  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed 23 June 2014

What a wonderful way to see Ubud. The backstreets and alleys, through the villages and rice fields. This company is perfect for families. We were travelling with a 1 year old infant who was in a baby seat complete with helmet and a 10 year old with a suitable sized bike. The support vehicle travelled in front and anytime we needed to cross an intersection or off onto a busier road, there was always someone there stopping the traffic. So safe. Our guide, Gede, was so friendly, happy and helpful - especially with the kids. The lunch at the family compound was delicious and probably the best food we ate in bali. Highly recommend this trip - it was a highlight for sure!

4  Thank asiafan12
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is my third time in Bali doing cycling but it is my first time trying Bali Go Bike. I am truly satisfied with the services provided by the company. It was well organised without over crowded/ over packed with tourists. Had a fantastic time spent with my friends visiting coffee plantation, coffee tasting and cycling along the paddy fields and Balinese traditional houses while having Gede and his team explaining the tradition of Bali. The meals provided at breakfast and lunch were splendid! Especially the home cooked lunch, superb! I am very very happy that I go for Bali Go Bike during this trip with my friends. Highly recommended!!

5  Thank Vivian C