“Highly recommended”

BaliGoBike - Bali Cycling Tours
Ranked #10 of 185 Outdoor Activities in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: BaliGoBike Cycling Tours offers Bali downhill cycling adventure, mountain, trekking and rice paddy walking. Operated by Balinese, located in Ubud, Bali. BaliGoBike was born to become the amazing Bali Cycling Tour Company located in Ubud, an original route through small traditional villages in Ubud and along quiet roads and trails to expose an untouched side of Bali. Experience an exhilarating ride and be welcomed by many friendly locals on the way. Join Bali Countryside Cycling Tour and Rice Paddy Walking with BaliGoBike
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Great start to day with bus on time then short trip up the mountains for a small breakfast overlooking the mountains (eat before you go I would suggest) then onto the bikes, now im fat and 50 and found the going easy , riding through villages and rice fields mostly down hill all the way but with a few short hills that you can walk up if your out of shape . The bikes were quite good and the guides fantastic. Then down to a private residence which was like a palace for a nice fresh buffet lunch. After lunch we banged out some music on some banging thing which was interesting but not essential then back to hotel. Great day.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

An early start to the day,sun shining, breakfast overlooking a volcano. Our guide Gede was very enthusiastic helpful and informative.We were the only three people on the ride that day so i think we stopped a bit more often to see the sights including a stop at a primary school to meet some of the children and see their classrooms.The children were all very excited. Apparently candy is a popular treat given by visitors.We also stopped at a very simple home, a temple, rice paddys and finished with a buffet lunch at a more elaborate home. The ride is mostly downhill on country roads,saying hello to many of the locals as we rode by - not a difficult ride.Many thanks to our guide for a great day.

2  Thank kerry j
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked this trip on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews and thus expected a lot from it. For me the tour ended on a very bad note so I don't feel I could highly recommend it.

My experience with Baligobike commenced well, with a pick up from my hotel in Seminyak at 7.05am. I was pleasantly surprised that I was the only tourist in the car and we proceeded directly to Ketut's family residence. I was also impressed because I only booked the tour 48 hours prior and was happy to get accepted. 24 hours prior I had to cancel for my travelling partner, my Mum, who had developed severe feet blisters and was pleased that they were understanding and didn't charge for the late cancellation.

On the car ride into Ubud I asked Ketut about getting back to my accommodation at 4pm. I was quite anxious about this as I was only in Bali for 4 days and had a lot planned. I was willing to pay an extra $10-15 to ensure I was home around this time and the first drop off. Ketut assured me that I would be back by 4-ish. He also emphasised how important customer service is to his company and they pride themselves on their good reviews here.

I will now outline the positives of the Ubud day tour. The view from breakfast was spectacular and experiencing different components of life in Bali was wonderful. Most of the guides, we had 3, were knowledgeable and looked after us. I also appreciated that towards the end of the tour, when a few of us were fatigued, that they gave us the option to take the short way "home"!For example it rained for 30 minutes and we were promptly provided with rain coats. The buffet lunch at Ketut's home was also to my liking as there was an abundance of very tasty food.

The negatives included that for me it wasn't physically challenging and I'd hoped that in the 2.5 hours of riding that I'd get a workout. A majority of the ride is downhill so there was no pedalling.
I also think it's incorrect to say this tour is suitable for all ages as an older woman and an unfit woman in my group were struggling with keeping up. There is some rough terrain where the roads are potholed and it was like off-road riding-not easy at all!!In addition the bikes were not of a high quality. The first one I was given had no gears working and I had to complain in order to receive a better one.

I also had a guide who I found to be quite rude and obnoxious. He would cut into our conversation because he wanted to give a spiel on something. He was also quite derogatory towards the females in our group. I wasn't too upset by this, it was amusing at the time, but certainly not an attitude I'd advocate towards tourists in general!

The breakfast was also very small considering it's 2.5 hours of riding and 4 hours until lunch( which was at 2pm). No opportunity to buy food on the road. One woman in our group almost fainted and had to purchase some soft drink because she felt she had not eaten enough.

I also became very cold at times and wish I'd brought a jacket with me. It would be helpful if the tour was more organised and provided more detail about the tour and what to bring along.

We finally departed for our accommodations just after 3pm. I enquired about being dropped off first again and was told that if traffic was busy then I would be last. I also felt that since our payment was collected at the end of the tour and they had their money, Ketut couldnt care less about me getting home. At 5.15pm the first group in the bus was dropped in Kuta. I had no air-conditioning in my part of the van and there was no chance for a toilet break. I was quite distressed at this point in time. It had been a long day- considering we started at 7am and it was now 5pm and I had no idea when I would be back at my hotel. I asked our driver but he was clueless and didn't speak much English. I did not want to sit in the car for another 45mins to an hour. Had I known by return journey would have been in excess of 2.5 hours I would have paid for a taxi from Ubud. In the end I opted to get out of the bus at 5.20pm and make my own way home and arrived at 6pm. That means 3 hours to get home and an 11 hour day- pretty exhausting for anyone!!

Due to the unpleasantness of the final portion of this tour, I would not recommend it to anyone who likes punctuality. Baligobike could improve their communication skills in general. I think they would be better off offering half and full day tours which suit different ages and fitness levels. Plus better bikes.They should also provide more detailed information e.g. about the size of the breakfast, bringing jackets and how the hotel drop-off works.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great fun and highly recommended. We were 10 customers with an excellent guide, Gede, who was very enthusiastic. Beautiful route taken through the countryside, and great to escape from Ubud. Cycling was pretty easy, downhill nearly all the way. We were invited into the very simple home of a family along the way - interesting to see how they live - and we had lunch at the owner's house at the end. So we saw 2 very different sides of Balinese family life. Food was delicious, great hospitality shown to us and played some traditional music after lunch.level of road safety was high and I never had any concerns. A great day out.

1  Thank sjcneill
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A group of 8 of us went on this tour yesterday. We were picked up at our hotel at 7am. We were taken by our driver Mardy to Ubud were we meet up with Gede and some other helpers. We were taken from here to a coffee plantation for tasting. Bring your Visa card the coffee is amazing. From here we went to breakfast over looking the volcanoes . Breakfast is really yummy. From here we drove another 20 mins to the starting line. We were all given bikes adjusted to our heights. Off we road on our 28 km adventure. We stopped at a house of one of the locals who happily showed us around. We went through back streets and villages and through rice paddies. We fininished off at the owner of this business Ketut family home for lunch. This tour is extremely well organised. At no time did we feel unsafe. Food at the family home was prepared by Ketut sister and an employee and again was yummy . We then got taught how to play some instruments and taken home. This was fantastic and well worth it. I would highly recommend this tour. Thanks to a great team and lovely guys for a great day. Melissa

1  Thank Leah M