“Best setting”

Swept Away at The Samaya Ubud
Ranked #9 of 838 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Swept Away Restaurant offers Special Romantic Hundred Candle Light Dinner where the guests can enjoy a truly unique dining experience with the sound of natures by the Ayung River. Executive Chef, I Nyoman Wiratma has emulated his successful style with more than 10-year experience in fine dining, serving an array of modern and eclectic dishes with maintaining a strong focus on local produce and authentic flavors will pamper you.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Incredible setting and although the menu is a bit limited in selection the food is excellent and the service as with the everything else in the Hotel, just amazing. Booking the 100 candle evening is definitely a must, most romantic and wonderful experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,535)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Group of 6, we had been given an 8pm time slot after requesting 7-730 and being told they couldn't accommodate us that early. Arrived at 8 and the place was about 1/4 occupied- shame. We were offered water immediately on arrival (turned out to be Evian at $10/bottle!! would very happily have had the local bottled stuff- annoying upsell).
Aside from those 2 details the rest of the night was really good.
The staff were lovely and efficient.
The venue is beautiful with all of the candles.
The menu is sublime- lots of choices.
The Amuse Bouche was cube of watermelon filled with a cube of herbed fetta cheese- utterly delicious- great pairing. Bread basket was offered and was also delicious with a varied selection.
I had the tortellini stuffed with blue cheese and cubed pumpkin and fig- delicious. We ordered additional vegetables and a salad.
For dessert I had the pandan creme brulee with chilli strawberries and a sesame basket with orange sorbet- standout flavours. Really delicious.
Everyone ordered 2 courses and enjoyed their meals.
The wine prices were very expensive- the restaurant menu devoted an entire page to explaining why this was so, even more expensive when the tax and service of 21% is calculated in. In comparison to the other fine dining restaurant that we went to I think the Samaya is making a significant amount on the wine. The food prices I thought were good for the very high quality that was on offer.
Recommended.

1  Thank Gill G
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Beautiful scenery, located along a river. The menu is a mix of local and international cuisine. Great variety. Tasty food, presented well. Must visit for lunch or dinner if you are in Ubud.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Delicious food and set right on the beach
Beautiful location- a must place to go
Amazing staff and they cannot do enough for you!
We went for our honeymoon and was the perfect location and place to eat

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Yes, the location is amazing but the food is not good and way overpriced.

We stayed at The Samaya and ate at Swept Away on two occasions - lunch and dinner. Lunch we had Chilli Prawn Spaghetti and Chicken Laksa, both of which were very average and overpriced for the quality of food. We thought we would give it another go and have dinner there before we departed the resort to go back home. Big mistake.

I ate the Duck Ravioli and my boyfriend had the Curry Beef with Rice. I didn't finish my meal as the sauce was so thick and creamy and tasted off. The ravioli was gummy and did not taste fresh. The beef was so-so, again just very average. The bill was around 1 million RP for 2x mains, 2x Bintangs and 1x cocktail. Ridiculous! I then paid the ultimate price for eating here and spent my red eye flight home that night throwing up my dinner in to the airplane toilet as it had made me feel so nauseous and ill. I don't get sick when flying so this was definitely the food not the flight.

6  Thank Natalia S