“Fantastic Day Out”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day Out”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have just spent the day with Pelangi Mountain Cycling and boy What A Day!

The day started well enough, sunny with a slight whisper of clouds above, but some grey stuff on the horizon. At first the clouds worried me, but what a godsend. After my on-time pickup in Sanur, visit to a coffee plantation, and the light breakfast up near the volcano, we got started on the bike trip back down the mountain.

About halfway through, the heavens opened up - WOW!!! If you have never cycled in a tropical store, complete with lightening and thunder, then you have not cycled. We got wet - it didn't matter. Some of the back streets became rivers, but fantastic fun powering through the water. It was not cold at all. The rain eased off and stopped towards the end of the 38km tour which was was completed with a welcome hot vegetable soup and lunch.

The ride was not difficult (I'm knocking on 50 and could be fitter, but do get out every week for a cycle). Md (pronounced "Made In") our guide always looked after our small group and happily answered all our questions along the was as well as stopping at interesting points of interest. You do not need to be fit to do this trip but it will help if you have cycled recently.

Highly reccomend this tour. It has been the highlight of this trip so far.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Fnick_Perth

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour on bike!”
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful day withn pelangi bali cycling! They picked me up from Sanur and there was plenty of time to enjoy my breakfast at a good hostel. My bike was not perfect, but they fixed it right away. I had a private tour and because I like to be challenged, they made the tour a little bit longer. At the end there was the possibility to take a shower. What I like the most, where the people. Bot the driver and my tourguide were very friendly and we had good fun! Definitely want to go with them again if I have the chance!

1 Thank Esther W
tatura
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“fantastic”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Thankyou to Pelangi Mountain Cycling for a fantastic day.
Our tour guides Nyomen and Wayan were great, making our ride heaps of fun. We did a mountain cycle ride last year with another company which were great too, but we enjoyed this one much better. It was a little bit harder in parts, but that was all part of the fun and then to finish off with a beautiful lunch and swim in the pool topped everything off.

Visited December 2011