“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Fantastic tour and service.
After my son & daughter in law did this tour in April and raved about it being the best thing they did in Bali, I decided to book it as well.
We were picked up at said time and I was impressed as our villa in Seminyak wasn't the easiest to find.
Up to Kintamani for a light breakfast of yummy fried bananas. Perfect before heading off.
Bikes were in excellent condition, which was great as many bikes can be a bit dodgy. I am not young, nor the fittest person around, but I managed this 4+ hour ride quite easily.
Made, our guide was absolutely FANTASTIC! He was knowledgable and warm. He made the trip an absolute delight.
Lunch at the end was so good and tasty. I didn't get the name of the lady who cooked for us, but she is an asset and does a wonderful job.

Thank you for a wonderful day. This was one of the best things we have done in Bali so far.

Visited June 2013

Geelong, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Coffee, Cycling, Volcanos and the best host Nyoman and driver Wayan around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

We were picked up from our accommodation in Seminyak and taking to Kintimani. We visited a coffee plantation and sampled some exotic teas and coffee.

After a breakfast of banana fritter and views of the Batur Mountain, we did about 33 odd kilometres of Bali slow paced country roads though villages and even stopped to meet a family and learned some interesting facts about building houses and temples in Bali.

We then ended the day with an amazing lunch of chicken, veggie patties, salad and rice, yummo.

Overall a great day, easy cycling for any age and all down hill fun stuff, cheers to Nyoman the host and Wayan the driver :-)

Visited May 2013
3 Thank geelongwheelman
Perth, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have just spent the day with Pelangi Mountain Cycling and boy What A Day!

The day started well enough, sunny with a slight whisper of clouds above, but some grey stuff on the horizon. At first the clouds worried me, but what a godsend. After my on-time pickup in Sanur, visit to a coffee plantation, and the light breakfast up near the volcano, we got started on the bike trip back down the mountain.

About halfway through, the heavens opened up - WOW!!! If you have never cycled in a tropical store, complete with lightening and thunder, then you have not cycled. We got wet - it didn't matter. Some of the back streets became rivers, but fantastic fun powering through the water. It was not cold at all. The rain eased off and stopped towards the end of the 38km tour which was was completed with a welcome hot vegetable soup and lunch.

The ride was not difficult (I'm knocking on 50 and could be fitter, but do get out every week for a cycle). Md (pronounced "Made In") our guide always looked after our small group and happily answered all our questions along the was as well as stopping at interesting points of interest. You do not need to be fit to do this trip but it will help if you have cycled recently.

Highly reccomend this tour. It has been the highlight of this trip so far.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Fnick_Perth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour on bike!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful day withn pelangi bali cycling! They picked me up from Sanur and there was plenty of time to enjoy my breakfast at a good hostel. My bike was not perfect, but they fixed it right away. I had a private tour and because I like to be challenged, they made the tour a little bit longer. At the end there was the possibility to take a shower. What I like the most, where the people. Bot the driver and my tourguide were very friendly and we had good fun! Definitely want to go with them again if I have the chance!

1 Thank Esther W
tatura
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Thankyou to Pelangi Mountain Cycling for a fantastic day.
Our tour guides Nyomen and Wayan were great, making our ride heaps of fun. We did a mountain cycle ride last year with another company which were great too, but we enjoyed this one much better. It was a little bit harder in parts, but that was all part of the fun and then to finish off with a beautiful lunch and swim in the pool topped everything off.

Visited December 2011