“Great day out”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My son and I went on this tour recently. This was my second time and my son's first. Made, our guide was helpful and knowledgeable about the tour - you could tell that he has done this more than once. No problems with the english at all.

As with last time, I think that this is one of the highlights of the trip.

Tour is not a race, there is plenty of bottled water if you want, the route is easy enough, however it will be better if you have ridden a bike recently, and you can opt out at any time and get a ride back with the van.

Great fun, great value. Will go again.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Fnick_Perth

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“See the real Bali”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We had a fantastic trip cycling the back roads and villages of Bali with Pelangi Mountain Cycling and finishing up with a delicious 'home cooked' lunch amongst the paddy fields. The driver & cycling guides were both interesting, informative and entertaining and happily customized the ride to cater for our 9 year old daughter . Great day out.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lizzie_K_and_Co
Geraldton, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Never to old to have a go”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I had not ridden a bike for close on 50 years and was quite apprehensive when family members suggested we take a cycling tour. It was my 70th birthday celebration holiday to Bali with other family members ranging in ages from 10 years upwards. After a 20 metre practice run for myself and youngest members it was decided we were right to go. The whole trip was excellent from the drinks and banana fritters and fruit over looking the volcano at Kintamani to the lunch at the end. Our guide was very protective and waved down any vehicles along the country tracks and made sure we were kept safe at all times. The route was mainly downhill-we hardly needed to pedal and mostly had our hand on the brake. The bikes were not the most comfortable but frequent stops were made along the way. Great outing for all ages.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Fantastic tour and service.
After my son & daughter in law did this tour in April and raved about it being the best thing they did in Bali, I decided to book it as well.
We were picked up at said time and I was impressed as our villa in Seminyak wasn't the easiest to find.
Up to Kintamani for a light breakfast of yummy fried bananas. Perfect before heading off.
Bikes were in excellent condition, which was great as many bikes can be a bit dodgy. I am not young, nor the fittest person around, but I managed this 4+ hour ride quite easily.
Made, our guide was absolutely FANTASTIC! He was knowledgable and warm. He made the trip an absolute delight.
Lunch at the end was so good and tasty. I didn't get the name of the lady who cooked for us, but she is an asset and does a wonderful job.

Thank you for a wonderful day. This was one of the best things we have done in Bali so far.

Visited June 2013
Geelong, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Coffee, Cycling, Volcanos and the best host Nyoman and driver Wayan around.”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We were picked up from our accommodation in Seminyak and taking to Kintimani. We visited a coffee plantation and sampled some exotic teas and coffee.

After a breakfast of banana fritter and views of the Batur Mountain, we did about 33 odd kilometres of Bali slow paced country roads though villages and even stopped to meet a family and learned some interesting facts about building houses and temples in Bali.

We then ended the day with an amazing lunch of chicken, veggie patties, salad and rice, yummo.

Overall a great day, easy cycling for any age and all down hill fun stuff, cheers to Nyoman the host and Wayan the driver :-)

Visited May 2013