“Fantastic”
Review of Royal Kamuela

Royal Kamuela
Ranked #10 of 609 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We had never been to Bali before and wanted to celebrate our 23rd wedding aniversary in style. The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was to much trouble. Its a bit of a journey to Ubud but well worth it. The accommodation was just what we hope for, very private and the pool was great. We particularly enjoyed a trip to Mt Batur booked through the hotel. Room service was great and Katut was the best driver,tour guide you could ask for. Will definately be going back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Royal Kamuela U, Manager at Royal Kamuela, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear Jenny134,

Thank you for your kind review and feedback on your stay with us here at Royal Kamuela. We truly appreciate the time taken to post these reviews on Trip Advisor.

It is particularly satisfying to see names of our team being mentioned in these reviews and I can let you know that Ketut was delighted to hear the feedback on his service and has taken a copy of the review with him.

I do hope that you can visit us again in the near future and we will do our best to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as your last visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I was most skeptical about this property out of all the hotels we booked in our vacation to Bali but have to say this was my favorite and wish we'd stayed longer. Having stayed off the beaten path in the mountains and a bit of a walk from the shopping area in Seminyak, I was thrilled to be in the thick of it on Monkey Forest Road at the Royal Kamuela. You'd have no idea there was a bustling town outside your door from inside one of the villas, though. Each room has a huge pool and outdoor lounge complimenting the spacious bedroom and bath area and is very quiet. Breakfasts were delivered promptly and generously portioned. We were always on the go so we didn't take advantage of many of the hotel services although I thought the free 30 min leg massage was one of the best I had during my trip. We felt the facilities here were incredibly luxurious and the decor inside the villa was so interesting and beautiful. Our only complaint was that we wished we'd seen the monkeys visit our villa! We were only there two nights so may have just missed out.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Chibisakana,

Thank you for posting this review.

The location of Royal Kamuela is indeed ideal near by the town and has a huge pool and spacious bedroom also bath area.

I am pleased that all the services are meeting your satisfaction and I do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Though the facilities are excellent i feel completly let down by this property. I was really excited about the villas and read all the reviews.

I arrived by taxi as my pre arranged transport failed to arrive. Walked to the reception thought wow looks amazing! Was greeted and the lady at check in goes o your by yourself! Im really sorry we have overbooked villas and yoyr travelling by yourself so we've moved you to another property so you can stay one night but tomorrow you will checkout at 12pm and be moved to another resort and check in at 2pm.

This is totally disgusting and a let down i just wanted to come to Ubud and relax for 4 days. The reason i chose this Villas was because of the monkey forest. And to be shipped 10kms away is such a huge let down.

I wasnt even offered anythung complimentry for my troubles, I had to ask well can i have a free dinner, they rang their supervisor who said he can one free item off the menu. Which arrived anf wasnt what i asked for.

This experience at Kamuela Villas UBUD has ruined my holiday i would not recommend any solo travellers book this place as they will use you as an excuse to overbook and then move you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank MikeTravel635

Dear MikeTravel635,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the out booking situation you had here at Royal Kamuela.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issue caused by the system error and rest assured this is not the service or experience that we strive to deliver to our guests.

I would be more than happy to discuss in further detail the situation and would very much welcome an email from yourself if you would have the time to do so.

I truly appreciate the feedback given from guests and the time that it takes to do so as it gives us the opportunity to rectify issues that arise and communicate to the parties involved.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Ubud seems like a bit of a trek from the airport but it is well worth the journey! A journey made all the easier when arranged though the Royal Kamuela. The property is excellent for its price point and the staff attentive and helpful. Each Villa is completely private and has a fantastic lap pool right outside the bathroom door. The only criticisms would be slow room service and breakfast (although delivered to your villa each morning) was a little disappointing. However that said I give this place both thumbs up and we will definitely stay there again next time we are in Ubud.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Beaujae,

Thank you for your kind review and feedback on your stay with us here at Royal Kamuela. We truly appreciate the time taken to post these reviews on TripAdvisor.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed there 9 days in Jan. and enjoyed it for location, privicy and comfort. The 15 by 70 pool was well used by us. I agree with all the positve reviews so I'll consentrate on some of the more negitive things. The staff is very helpful but some of their english is rudimentary and caused some confusion with bookings, but i know that they are trying. The tours booked through them are at inflated prices, laundry too. We booked a tour through them from a broucher that was in our villa the price shown was about 40 dollars but booking with them it turned out to be over 70? Better to find a cabbie you trust on the street. The breakfasts and the roomservice is mediocare, but after 9 days maybe thats from over use. It was a great place to interact with monkeys, who raided our villa 5 of the 9 days. Our last day they came in the middle of our outdoors breakfast. I had to fence them off with an umberlla as my wife qucikly put our food indoors, all fun. But don't keep food or anything you don't want to loss out side. They also have a few rats but it is an Indonesian island and I think they are a problem throughout, we even saw one at the airport as we were eating lunch before our departure. Thats some of the negitives but all in all we really enjoyed our stay as it really fit our needs.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

2nd time to Ubud, 1st time stay (4 beautiful nights) and we were very, very please with our choice of accommodation, Hidden Paradise, quiet, yet just a few steps to town. Arrived bout 3pm and was warmly greeted by the receptionist, process quickly and taken to our Villa No 3 (not far from reception area). We were in ore with what we saw when we entered our villa.Luxury is a understatement for these Villa's. What you see in the photos is exactly what you get, (no lies). So Private with large clean pool (which we used all the time). Fresh fruit, room cleaned daily, menu breakfast delivered to your villa on time (yummy), laundry collected and return back the same day O yeah and a free foot massage when we arrived. Thank you Royal Kamuela Staff for all you done for us, we couldn't ask for anything more from you, ( O how I wish reality never had to re-appear its ugly head). The only problem we had was with no night light outside our villa so it was a bit difficult finding the key hole, If you are reading this review and are a couple/solo or with adult friends I seriously recommend these Villas for you.

Room Tip: Villa 3 close to receptionist area, yet very quiet
Reviewed 28 January 2013

1st time visiting Ubud and what a great place to stay.
Very friendly and helpful staff, our butler helped us sort out a afternoon cycling and evening a elephant park.
Great location, walking distance to some very nice restaurants and monkey forest.
Our villa was number 5 and was the futherest from reception, very private and beautiful.
We had a couple of monkeys visit each morning, but they only sat on the fence and watched what was happening.
Can't wait to go back for longer next time

Room Tip: Room 5 very private and quiet.
1  Thank Tania W