“Best Balinese Food I ate in eleven days”

Saren Indah Restaurant
Ranked #578 of 838 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Description: Peaceful tropical forest, friendly personal service and traditional Balinese dances make your dinner at Saren Indah Restaurant both unique and memorable. Saren Indah Restaurant is one of the best restaurants in Ubud, Bali, with Balinese architecture based on Hindu concepts. Our restaurant is truly the ideal place for your dinner and holiday
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We were staying at Alam Shanti which is just down the road from Saren Indah and had eaten at Laka Leke on two previous occassions as this was the restaurant owned by our hotel group. On the last day we decided to try something different. We had walked past Saren Indah and almost went here by mistake as Laka Leke is right next door.

What a great decision! The quality of the food here is unsurpassed by anything we had tried in eleven days in Bali and we ate Balinese food on 90% of occassions. We ate Ayam Rica Rica and Pepese Ikan and the depth of flavours were beautiful.

Admittedly it was very quiet when we were there but the service was impeccable and our waiter Made (I hope I spelled it right) was very helpful with his knowledge of Balinese food and the local area.

While this restaurant is located a little away from the usual haunts it is well worth the visit.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed at Saren Indah in Feb with my daughter on a business trip.
We chose Saren Indah through TA and a huge thank you to the other travellers who recommended this place.
The room was large and clean, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful without being intrusive.
A short stroll along a track around the edge of Monkey Forest to Ubud ( be game its fun) or you can peruse the free shuttle to town.
Their restaurant was fabulous, my daughter said it was the best Mie Goreng she has had in Bali and she is a frequent visitor.
Overall we totally loved Saren Indah and will be staying here again when we visit Ubud.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

This restaurant is by far the best hotel restaurant I have ever had the pleasure of eating at. The menu is so varied I could eat for weeks and never have the same thing twice. The staff is so friendly and nice that it makes this restaurant truly amazing. Definitely eat here during your stay in Ubud.

9  Thank Linds56
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed at Saren Indah in May. I never expect much from a restaurant within a hotel but this place just blew me away. Fabulous prices, great food and terrific service. My stay at the hotel included a free set dinner in the restaurant and it was one of the most amazing meals I had during my stay in Ubud - and I tasted some awesome food. Even if you are not staying at Saren Indah I highly recommend you give it a go. You won't regret it.

9  Thank raecheyraech
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We have stayed at the Saren Indah many times and have always been made very welcome. The personal touches we have become used to have now been carried over into their new restaurant. The setting is beautiful and the staff, as always, are happy and attentive. The night we had dinner there was also the night of the Children's Dance, a colourful display of young talented dancers that provided a perfect accompaniment to a variety of tasty, well presented dishes. Dining in the open made this more than a five star experience. Saren Indah Restaurant is a much-needed addition to the restaurant scene in Nyuh Kuning, just through the Monkey Forest of Ubud, giving travellers staying in this peaceful area an easy choice for dining.

9  Thank candlthomas