“Great treatments, lovely salon”

Skin Spa & Organic Waxing Salon
Ranked #39 of 208 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: At SKIN, it's all about your skin -- looking and feeling your best, the natural way! We deliver a range of relaxing, skin-nourishing, anti-aging, high-end body treatments the way you want -- from the heart. Great for after-sun rejuvenation, skin toning, or anytime! Certified Therapists, Sterilized Equipment, Genuine Quality, Traditionally Inspired, Pure Essential Oils -- all at reasonable prices, easy and convenient.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had an exfoliation and original massage plus an organic facial, all of which were wonderful. The service is professional and attentive and the salon very well designed. It's a great choice, excellent value for money, much cheaper than the in-resort spas and much higher standards and quality treatments than the cheaper options. Highly recommended

There are newer reviews for Skin Spa & Organic Waxing Salon

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Painful and not the best Brazilian I have ever had. I'm used to hard wax, but they use strips here which is more likely to rip the skin and more painful. Also, my therapist did not press down and apply pressure to reduce pain after pulling the strip. They have poor technique here and should look into hard wax as well, especially for Brazilians!

When I arrived I had to make my appointment for later that evening which meant I had to come back. So don't think you can walk in and get an appointment right away.

Eyebrow wax was good. But wouldn't come back for a Brazilian.

Place is clean and I enjoyed the tea they provided before and after my appointment.

Skin-Spa-Ubud, Owner at Skin Spa & Organic Waxing Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Ree,

Thank you most sincerely for sharing your experience and suggestions.

Please know that we take your critique very seriously.

Accordingly, we have scheduled a series of meetings to focus comprehensively on your experience at SKIN.

These meetings are part of our ongoing, sincere efforts to ensure each guest's complete satisfaction, from the first visit and from every visit after.

Our goal in meeting about your Brazilian waxing will be to extract lessons so as to discover positive changes that we can implement, carefully and without delay.

These changes may include retraining, and also modifications to procedures, equipment, supplies and other resources that are available to our therapists.

Part of our efforts will be to improve communication between therapist and client, so that the therapist's performance better meets each client's unique expectations, needs, and level of comfort.

We have already acted to ensure, starting today, that therapists advise customers that Brazilian waxing is best performed during less sensitive times of the month, specifically, as distant as possible from (that is, three days to as much as a week, before or after) period of menstruation.

Further, we will refocus on ensuring more completely each client's satisfaction with the progress and with the final results of the waxing treatment.

Certainly, our experience over the years is one of great success using our own homemade, natural, organic (in fact, entirely edible) wax that must be applied with strips, instead of factory-produced petroleum- or coal-based hard paraffin wax.

With your experience and suggestion in mind, we may choose to stock non-organic paraffin as an option for customers who specifically request it.

Kindly be assured also that only a very, very limited number of our best therapists get to perform Brazilian waxing, because of the sensitive nature of this treatment.

A therapist may only be assigned a customer for Brazilian waxing after she has consistently and unequivocally demonstrated exceptional technique performing other waxing, including the most difficult full-leg treatments.

Please accept my gratitude for your positive comments about our eyebrow waxing, and about our own homemade herbal tea too.

We are eager to demonstrate that we can better meet your expectations for Brazilian waxing, soon.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful evaluation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I walked over an hour to get to this place, having misjudged the distance on the map. As it turned out, they didn't have an opening for a leg wax. No problem, but after walking so long in the heat, I was exhausted and clearly drenched. I simply asked the receptionist to call me a taxi to get back.

Instead of calling me a taxi, she called the manager, who told her not to. When I asked why, she said, "we don't know". "Know what?" I asked. She had no answer.

If this is Balinese hospitality, no thanks. Rather than make an appointment for another time, I left.

Skin-Spa-Ubud, Owner at Skin Spa & Organic Waxing Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear sp29,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with transport.

Certainly we ought to have located a taxi for you!

We have now ensured that our therapists will always call a taxi to our door, rather than referring guests to the numerous taxi drivers waiting outside of neighboring Uma Resort, as has sometimes been done in the past at our spa on Jalan Sanggingan.

As it happened, your request for a taxi was directed to one of the owner's sisters who just returned from two years of performing exclusive treatments at a high-end spa overseas. Previously, both in Bali and abroad, she has been among the most-requested therapists due to her technique, experience and personality.

However, clearly she was less than prepared to handle an inquiry regarding transport from Jalan Sanggingan!

Please be assured that we have already briefed her, and all staff, accordingly and thoroughly, and provided all necessary information to ensure better customer service.

Thank you sincerely for seeking us out, and for walking a great distance to us on a hot day, for your waxing!

We look forward to providing you with a truly satisfying visit -- one that includes a more representative experience of our Balinese hospitality.

Again, thank you for helping us to improve and to meet our guests' expectations more completely.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Full leg + brazilian: it takes a little bit long Time but in the end it was perfect! Staff is very kind and the salon is very clean. Thanks

Reviewed 29 July 2014

A disappointing experience, sadly for me. So this place has a lot going for it but I felt like they were being stingy with the amount of wax they were using, their technique was average, and they ended up spending most of the time using threading on my legs which took forever. My leg hair was long enough for them not to use threading, I felt like with their lack of technique the hair was being snapped off and not pulled out properly when they waxed. Also I had to go back twice a day later as they hadn't done the job properly and was disappointed that there were some big bits that I couldn't see with my eyes till I got back home, the lighting isn't very good inside.

Even when I came back the second time the day after for them to do a proper job it took forever as they were threading. I was annoyed as I had spent all this time growing out my leg hair to a suitable length on my first visit to waste time on threading. I was also surprised how long it took for a wax even with two girls working on me. The girls are sweet and mean well but a little bit of technique and being more professional goes a long way is my final thoughts on this experience. I'm now looking for another waxing studio in Ubud.

Skin-Spa-Ubud, Owner at Skin Spa & Organic Waxing Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Azriela,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your deeply-felt impressions.

Please know that our desire is always to perform a thorough waxing.

When a client entrusts us with their waxing, our focus is on perfection, regardless of the time required. Of course, as with your schedule, it is better for our schedule also if treatments take less time!

However, our experience is that in cases where there are an extraordinary amount of fine hairs, regardless of the length of the hairs, then professional treatment even by our most-requested therapists, employing the most-trusted technique, can be especially time-intensive.

Be completely assured also that our staff uniformly prefers to use wax, regardless of the amount of wax needed. Threading is only performed when required for a perfect job, partly because a therapist can only do a certain amount of threading at a time, so as to keep good circulation and feeling in her fingers.

With these factors in mind, we hope that, in due course, you will visit us again, in the same way that you kindly trusted us to make things right.

Again, thank you.