“Great food, not very impressive service”
Review of Warung Sopa

Warung Sopa
Ranked #171 of 791 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013

As the reviews have said, they serve really good food at great prices. And its a really nice cosy spot away from the main street, and with wifi. Had a bowl of pumpkin soup (took a while to come, but so worth it) and a chai soy milk tea. However, the attitude from 1 staff spoiled the overall experience. Cashier wasnt very friendly when I first arrived, and when paying the bill at the end, was rather rude when impatiently giving me back my change when I was trying to sort out the small change - this during a time when there wasn't any customers waiting behind me and it was rather quiet and off-peak, so I was rather taken aback. However yeah, would come back for the food if I happen to be in the area - unless I find a new spot.

1  Thank Ling H
ikusisi, オーナー at Warung Sopa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Hi,

Thank you for coming to our place and thank you for your feedback and comments.
I'm very sorry for what you've experienced in your first visit and I
wasn't very helpful to sort this one out. I will make sure that it
won't happen again but again thank you for your input. We will improve
more.

Hope to see you again soon.

owner of warung sopa

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Simple, comfort food and relaxed. Located on a quieter Jln Sugriwa, parallel to Jln Hanoman, it's nestled amidst houses.. which is actually quite nice change of scene than the bustling traffic. At night, it gets a little dark, but that's how you get to experience the locals' way of Bali.

Food is tasty (takes quite awhile), juices are yummm and decor is relaxed and unpretentious. They even have a cordoned-off small kids corner with blackboard and colored chalks. My 3 year old son loved it, and we could enjoy our lunch in peace whilst he entertained himself in there. There was also a charmingly woven rattan bassinet, very handy for young babies.. how thoughtful is that.

However, some of the tables were at coffee table height, good for if you are just having drinks, but it was a little hard to eat from that height.

All in all, it was charming little spot. Going again.

1  Thank twoelf
ikusisi, オーナー at Warung Sopa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Hi,

Thank you for coming to our place. We glad that you like our place. Thank you so much for your feedback, it’s highly appreciated for our future improvement.

Our second warung sopa is opening in Jalan Nyuh Kuning #2 (next to sisi bag shop) with garden view.Please come visit us.

Warung sopa

Reviewed 18 November 2013

While there aren't many hands in the kitchen, the food is worth waiting for. Everything we ordered was so fresh and tasty. Will return.

1  Thank Siblingnomads

Hi,

We are happy that you’re satisfied with our food. Our second warung sopa is opening in Jalan Nyuh Kuning #2 (next to sisi bag shop) with garden view.

Thank you for coming to our place and we are waiting for your next visit.

Warung sopa

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I tried 3 vegetarian restaurants in Ubud, Warung Sopa is my best favourite.

They have Indonesian, Wetern and Japanese food, some are served on banana leaves. Tasty, beautiful, natural and cheap. Try Nasi goreng and green beans soup and Homemade Ginger juice.

If you reach by foot, location is not convinient so much, especially at night time ( there are some guesthouses, local restaurants and shops, but few lights on the road )

It's open till 21:30. They accepted the guests who came at 21:20.

I highly reccomend Warung Sopa even if you are Not vegetarian.

2  Thank Tomo0227
ikusisi, オーナー at Warung Sopa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Hi,
Thank you for your respond towards warung sopa. it helps us to be a better warung everyday. Now we are opening at garden at Jalan Nyuh Kuning #2 (next to sisi bag shop), please visit us if you're in Ubud.

ありがとうございます。

warung sopa

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Totally famous for vegan restaurant in ubud and teasing us to try and had dinner here. Located in Jalan Surgiwa, not that hard to find, just straight from raya ubud (blanco museum) to Peliatan, after hanoman street on your right street you will find intersection than you have to go right to Jalan Surgiwa and around 150 meters you will find Sopa restaurant on your right side. To enter this restaurant we have to put off our sandals or shoes, it was suprise me with this concept. The restaurant looks like library, there are a lot of books in this place but mostly the book is on Japanese language. When received the menu, i only found 3 main course as i remembered and i ordered nasi campur or something, red rice with vegetables and the put some cheese. Little bit weird on taste, they're sour, sweet and completely strange in my mouth. My friend was ordered Nasi Goreng, fried rice with egg, from the appereance looks simple and they said the taste was good. The price for food aroun 35,000 above. For drinks we ordered ice mint, bali coffee and ginger tea. The ginger tea was totally HOT, and quite strong type of ginger, it was burn in mouth quickly, so better slowly drink it. The price for drinks were around above 15,000 rupiah. The ambience was perfect to hangout with your friends but it would be more nice and perfect if they have more variation on main course / foods.

1  Thank Retno P
Eta S, Other at Warung Sopa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

HI...
Your review was really helping a lot of guess that trying to find our place and for those who wants to try our food.
We appreciate your input and we will make our place better everyday.
Please visit new warung sopa at garden at jalan nyuh kuning #2, pengosekan, ubud, bali (next to sisi bag shop).

warung sopa