“Would definitely stay here again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Argasoka Bungalows

and 1 more site!
Argasoka Bungalows
Ranked #237 of 526 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Portland, Oregon
“Would definitely stay here again.”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Very close to Monkey Forest. Good location in a very walkable city. Argasoka Bungalows offered a spacious room that accommodated 3-4 adults (Tulip Room) but also bungalows for couples. It was interesting to find that most of us stayed there for days-we certainly extended our stay there. Lovely garden setting with a seating area where breakfast was served and free wireless available there. The staff were gracious, very helpful lovely people. Great value.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Nyssa5252

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Finnish first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I am very familiar with traveling around S.E. Asia (and all over the world) since I live here. First of all, the prices at this hotel are mid-range and not the cheapest, so the poor quality of service is inexcusable. First of all, I arrived to the place and asked to make a local call on their phone. The phone did not work. Second of all, the room is COMPLETELY bare. No phone, no clock, no soap, no shampoo, NOTHING! They give you toilet paper and a towel upon check in but you are on your own after that. They do not even clean the rooms daily (which I have also never experienced in anywhere in the world on top of how bare the place is). You have to ask for it. My friend had an open bathroom which mosquitoes got in. It is also noisy because of all of the animals around. Lastly, my final night there, I asked for a wake up call (knocking on my door since there was no phone) and BEGGED the lady not to forget since I had to be at the airport early. She even double checked and said, "Yes, 5:30 AM. You do need to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of time." They forgot my wake-up call, and I woke up as my flight was leaving. When they told me what time it was, I was obviously upset. The man LAUGHED at me! Yes, this is cultural to nervously laugh, but UNACCEPTABLE! Then, I arrive to the airport and have to pay $800 to get back to my destination (it is high season in Bali and fights are sometimes nonrefundable, non-changeable, and ridiculously expensive) plus take leave without pay from my job. For that money, I could have been living it large in a 5 star hotel in Bali. I have NEVER experienced any of these things in all of my travels. Not worth it, just NOT worth it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank lovesdancing44

Travellers are raving about these Ubud hotels

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I stayed for more than a week at Argasoka Bungalows. The Bungalows are kept very clean and tidy. Just ask if you want to have your room cleaned.
What's worth pointing out is the hospitality of the staff. I always got a welcoming smile and they helped me with everything I needed (and that was quite a bit from motos, massages, transportations, restaurants, laundry, yoga, etc.).

The price is very good value for money. You also get discounts if you stay more than a day.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo