Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$14
Agoda.comUS$13
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Second Sara_darkshines. Things to add on:
- nowhere to hang your clothes in the bathroom;
- the towel provided was torn;
- the fan is kinda weird with 1 being the fastest spin and 3 being the slowest spin;
- the paper-thin blanket was next to none;
- limited breakfast choice, can only choose one of the three: pancake, toast and jaffles, and it was nowhere near filling, so we often had to eat out
- the floor was greasy when we first stepped in

Of course there are great things that deserve some compliments as well:
- nice scenery for enjoying breakfast
- perfect location, just one or two minutes walk from Monkey Forest and probably 10min walk from the market and the palace.
- friendly staff, one of the receptionists has the cutest smile on earth!! ^.^

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in a fan only room. The outside is picturesque and they bring you breakfast on the veranda in the mornings. One day we told them out of courtesy we would be leaving to do a bike tour before breakfast started and they offered to do us breakfast earlier than the set time which was nice.

The walls of the room and ceiling don't meet (I think this is the style) which unfortunately means that Mosquitos and lizards get in. I think this is not the case if you get an AC room. However, it wasn't as bad as I expected but I did sleep under my mosquito net anyway.

The main negatives were the shower was quite low down, during breakfast they allowed people around the compound trying to sell us stuff, the walls are so paper thin I could hear the neighbours, especially whilst in the bathroom!

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank Sara_darkshines
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We had the opportunity to stay at 2 different bungalows at Argasoka. Both were clean and comfortable. The first was way in the back and very quiet but no WiFi access. The 2nd was close to the front which allowed us to access the WiFi from our front porch.
Good breakfast each day.
The units are just off Monkey Road and a great location for walking the city, access to restaurants, etc.
The good news is they are in the process of building a swimming pool which will be a great asset during the hot season. The reason we moved was a room came up right across the street (Merthayasa Bungalows), same price, but with pool!

Room tip: Only WiFi access is in the front of the property near the lobby.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Very close to Monkey Forest. Good location in a very walkable city. Argasoka Bungalows offered a spacious room that accommodated 3-4 adults (Tulip Room) but also bungalows for couples. It was interesting to find that most of us stayed there for days-we certainly extended our stay there. Lovely garden setting with a seating area where breakfast was served and free wireless available there. The staff were gracious, very helpful lovely people. Great value.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Nyssa5252
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I am very familiar with traveling around S.E. Asia (and all over the world) since I live here. First of all, the prices at this hotel are mid-range and not the cheapest, so the poor quality of service is inexcusable. First of all, I arrived to the place and asked to make a local call on their phone. The phone did not work. Second of all, the room is COMPLETELY bare. No phone, no clock, no soap, no shampoo, NOTHING! They give you toilet paper and a towel upon check in but you are on your own after that. They do not even clean the rooms daily (which I have also never experienced in anywhere in the world on top of how bare the place is). You have to ask for it. My friend had an open bathroom which mosquitoes got in. It is also noisy because of all of the animals around. Lastly, my final night there, I asked for a wake up call (knocking on my door since there was no phone) and BEGGED the lady not to forget since I had to be at the airport early. She even double checked and said, "Yes, 5:30 AM. You do need to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of time." They forgot my wake-up call, and I woke up as my flight was leaving. When they told me what time it was, I was obviously upset. The man LAUGHED at me! Yes, this is cultural to nervously laugh, but UNACCEPTABLE! Then, I arrive to the airport and have to pay $800 to get back to my destination (it is high season in Bali and fights are sometimes nonrefundable, non-changeable, and ridiculously expensive) plus take leave without pay from my job. For that money, I could have been living it large in a 5 star hotel in Bali. I have NEVER experienced any of these things in all of my travels. Not worth it, just NOT worth it!

Date of stay: June 2011