“It's great for the price I paid”
Review of Argasoka Bungalows

Argasoka Bungalows
Ranked #263 of 571 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Kuala Lumpur
“It's great for the price I paid”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We booked the cheapest room available which is around USD25. It's a good size functional room and it's clean. The location is great as it is in the heart of the Ubud town. There's no aircon in our room, but the mountain air is cool enough where having a fan in the room is suffice. Breakfast is very basic. Then again I cannot complain since the rate is so low for this location. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel ground is quite nice but the pool is rather small.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChloeC_KL

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

Argasoka bungalows are located in the centre of monkey forest road offering a great central location with beautiful gardens and pool.
We had a bungalow at the bottom of the gardens which was quiet and very clean!
The staff were very friendly and helpful, giving us advice on any questions we had.
Would highly recommend and stay there again. Although a tad more expensive than other bungalows we have stayed in, for the extra £2 we had a spotless room with pool and breakfast which could be eaten on your own balcony.

• Stayed August 2012
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Second Sara_darkshines. Things to add on:
- nowhere to hang your clothes in the bathroom;
- the towel provided was torn;
- the fan is kinda weird with 1 being the fastest spin and 3 being the slowest spin;
- the paper-thin blanket was next to none;
- limited breakfast choice, can only choose one of the three: pancake, toast and jaffles, and it was nowhere near filling, so we often had to eat out
- the floor was greasy when we first stepped in

Of course there are great things that deserve some compliments as well:
- nice scenery for enjoying breakfast
- perfect location, just one or two minutes walk from Monkey Forest and probably 10min walk from the market and the palace.
- friendly staff, one of the receptionists has the cutest smile on earth!! ^.^

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in a fan only room. The outside is picturesque and they bring you breakfast on the veranda in the mornings. One day we told them out of courtesy we would be leaving to do a bike tour before breakfast started and they offered to do us breakfast earlier than the set time which was nice.

The walls of the room and ceiling don't meet (I think this is the style) which unfortunately means that Mosquitos and lizards get in. I think this is not the case if you get an AC room. However, it wasn't as bad as I expected but I did sleep under my mosquito net anyway.

The main negatives were the shower was quite low down, during breakfast they allowed people around the compound trying to sell us stuff, the walls are so paper thin I could hear the neighbours, especially whilst in the bathroom!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Sara_darkshines
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We had the opportunity to stay at 2 different bungalows at Argasoka. Both were clean and comfortable. The first was way in the back and very quiet but no WiFi access. The 2nd was close to the front which allowed us to access the WiFi from our front porch.
Good breakfast each day.
The units are just off Monkey Road and a great location for walking the city, access to restaurants, etc.
The good news is they are in the process of building a swimming pool which will be a great asset during the hot season. The reason we moved was a room came up right across the street (Merthayasa Bungalows), same price, but with pool!

Room Tip: Only WiFi access is in the front of the property near the lobby.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Very close to Monkey Forest. Good location in a very walkable city. Argasoka Bungalows offered a spacious room that accommodated 3-4 adults (Tulip Room) but also bungalows for couples. It was interesting to find that most of us stayed there for days-we certainly extended our stay there. Lovely garden setting with a seating area where breakfast was served and free wireless available there. The staff were gracious, very helpful lovely people. Great value.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Nyssa5252
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I am very familiar with traveling around S.E. Asia (and all over the world) since I live here. First of all, the prices at this hotel are mid-range and not the cheapest, so the poor quality of service is inexcusable. First of all, I arrived to the place and asked to make a local call on their phone. The phone did not work. Second of all, the room is COMPLETELY bare. No phone, no clock, no soap, no shampoo, NOTHING! They give you toilet paper and a towel upon check in but you are on your own after that. They do not even clean the rooms daily (which I have also never experienced in anywhere in the world on top of how bare the place is). You have to ask for it. My friend had an open bathroom which mosquitoes got in. It is also noisy because of all of the animals around. Lastly, my final night there, I asked for a wake up call (knocking on my door since there was no phone) and BEGGED the lady not to forget since I had to be at the airport early. She even double checked and said, "Yes, 5:30 AM. You do need to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of time." They forgot my wake-up call, and I woke up as my flight was leaving. When they told me what time it was, I was obviously upset. The man LAUGHED at me! Yes, this is cultural to nervously laugh, but UNACCEPTABLE! Then, I arrive to the airport and have to pay $800 to get back to my destination (it is high season in Bali and fights are sometimes nonrefundable, non-changeable, and ridiculously expensive) plus take leave without pay from my job. For that money, I could have been living it large in a 5 star hotel in Bali. I have NEVER experienced any of these things in all of my travels. Not worth it, just NOT worth it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank lovesdancing44

Travellers are raving about these Ubud hotels