“A retreat oasis that radiates with Bali beauty and bliss”
Review of Soulshine Bali

Soulshine Bali
Ranked #83 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is the second year I have brought a group of yoga goddesses for a week's retreat. It's like coming home to a family who truly love you.
Soulshine lies amidst magnificent rice fields and sleeps in a garden of Eden.
There is nothing the staff won't do for you and the accommodation is comfortable and clean.
The breakfast, after our morning yoga practice, was varied and yum and all the women loved the menu offerings which they sampled during the week.
Soulshine makes your soul shine and your heart sing. Next year's Goddess Retreat is already booked!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I attended a weeklong yoga retreat in June 2013. It is a beautiful setting in a sea of green rice patties. Accommodations were average but needs a facelift and deep cleaning in bathrooms. Lots of black mold in bathrooms. Staff very helpful. Meals were vegetarian and fresh but not enough to sustain a normal person. Breakfast was bread and butter and some sliced fruit. Lunches were salad, rice and something else non description. Dinners the same as above. Mundane. Several drawbacks but I will mention 2 that will keep me from ever going back. First were the cock fights going on in a large pavilion about 2 hundred yards away from our yoga
studio. Two straight days of screeching roosters and hoards of men cheering, gambling and partying. I was told its part of their religious culture but most locals said its really a gambling event. Second was constant smoke in the air from burning of trash and rice fields after a harvest. Hard to breathe deeply for yoga. All in all, bad location, marginal food, and less than sanitary conditions. Definitely not 5 star. Maybe 2+.

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank Yoginibee
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Soulsine is the PERFECT escape from the hustle and bustle of life, without giving up the comforts we all love on a vacation! You feel like you are entering a secrete sanctuary as you walk along a dirt path along a river bank only to greeted by a giant Buddha, beautiful gardens, gorgeous kidney shaped pool, third floor yoga studio with amazing 360 degree view of rice paddies, the tops of coconut trees and sometimes even Mt. Agung!

The staff are the friendliest I've experienced, ready to make your stay at Soulshine a memorable one...I felt like I was a part of the family. My perfect mornings were made up of a yoga practice/work out, followed by a dip in the pool too cool off and the best food in Ubud from their cafe. Although located in the village of Mas and not Ubud proper, a three minute car ride or a scooter (my favourite way to get around) takes you right into the center of town (near the palace, Monkey Forest, shopping, restaurants).

You will love the minimalist, refreshing, organic vibes of this 5 star resort! And don't forget to drink your fresh coconut by the pool!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sara L
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Our time at Soulshine was reinvigorating, almost transformative. I can't imagine a more beautiful place - it's like a slice if Eden. Everywhere you turn there was a new scene of lush beauty. And the staff was so great, you can't help being happy just being there. The trip into Ubud is quick and cheap but going back to Soulshine was like going back to an oasis, removed from the entertaining bustle of Ubud. Walking down the long path from the road along the gurgling stream, passing by local fishermen, a local batik artist's workshop and small tiered rice field and finally passing through the two yellow flags marking the beginning of Soulshine was like coming home to a place I didn't know I was missing. Go. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Dr.Lon
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This place is fantastic - I can't say enough how beautiful and peaceful it is there. The grounds are stunning, and cozy without feeling cramped. The pool ... well, I didn't want to get out, ever. They custom make each of your meals, right in front of you, and you feel very at home. The staff was incredibly friendly - we are definitely going back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cameron M
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I stayed here with a friend independently (i.e. not part of a retreat) and we basically had the place to ourselves. It is such a beautifully serene environment, and the staff are so friendly that you feel like you're being welcomed into someone's home. Despite there being hardly anyone there while we stayed, they still had full staff - the main house was fully opened up and the cafe was open all day for us.
Both Wayan and Agung were incredibly accommodating, helping us make plans and changes.
The food in the cafe is incredible, especially the included breakfast which is HUGE! Great to set you up for a day of exploring/hiking/cycling/yoga or whatever other activity takes your fancy in Ubud.
This place is a little out of town and it costs 50,000Rp (around $5) to be driven each way into town or you can hire a scooter for the day for a little less. We didn't go into town too often, preferring the serenity of the little oasis that is soulshine (and working on our tans around the pool).
I would definitely recommend staying here if you want some peace and don't mind being a little away from the action. I look forward to visiting again one day, perhaps as part of a retreat, when I imagine the place would be buzzing with happiness.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank EmilyH01
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My first introduction to Indonesia could not have been more sublime. As a yoga retreat center, we were surrounded by the most beautiful nature could offer. The staff of soulshine is warm and gracious human beings. Wayan is a fun, accommodating gentleman, who helped us with our activities agenda. And if he didn't know the answer immediately, he would have one for us.

We were treated to breakfast with our yoga package of gorgeous fruits and other yummy delectables every morning. The ladies who worked the kitchen made it difficult for us to leave the retreat for dinner. We would order from the kitchen in the evenings for dinner most of the nights. And as much as I ate, you would think I should have gained more weight...but instead became leaner by the end of the retreat, partly due to the yoga and I'm convinced due to the freshness and preparation of the meals.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo