“I love these people”

Ranked #2 of 56 Classes & Workshops in Ubud
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Expert silversmiths teach students how to fashion 10 grams of silver into jewelry.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I love these people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

November 2013 was first time I attended this class and again May this year. Will be going again November this year. All the staff are beautiful and patient. I am not arty by a long shot, but they are very encouraging. I was truly amazed at the work that goes into even the simplest of jewelry. Last year I made a beautiful pendant for my daughter (people ask her where they can get one - sorry, it's a one off :) ). Cost includes all materials and one on one instruction. You do everything from choosing your design, cutting it out to the hard work of polishing. If you are not into making your own stuff, please take time to visit their shop in Ubud as I have watched them making their pieces - it is all hand made, therefore each would be unique.
Chezmoniquejewelry.com

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“An interesting and different experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Located in a quiet backstreet just away from the main hustle and bustle of Ubud, a visit to the silver studio is an ideal way to spend a few hours if you seek something a little different from the main tourist pulls of Ubud. The studio is very peaceful and all the team are very patient and happy to help you. Wayan was very kind and nobody hassles you into buying anything other than that which you are there to create (a pleasant change from the rest of Ubud). You can be as hands-on as you want, the team are there to guide (or to take over if you need them!). This was my first experience at doing something like this. I went on my own and felt very comfortable and was given as much or as little help as I needed. I definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the town, it actually has a very broad appeal as you do not have to be creatively gifted to take part. At the end of the visit I have a unique souvenir of my time in Ubud-which means more than something purchased and haggled over in a touristy shop.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank fionaclarew
Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unique souvenir”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Wayan was very nice welcoming us at his family compound. If you don't have an idea of what to do you can choose from many pictures. If you already have an idea in mind, Wayan is there to help you design your piece. We have made a ring and a pendant. Both are very simple since that is what we wanted. About 2h later everything was finish. Also, we were the only two attending the class so we had all the attention of Wayan and the teachers. We are very happy with our unique souvenir. We strongly recommend this activity. Thanks Wayan for this special experience.

Visited July 2014
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exciting workshop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

It was amazing experience doing this jewellery workshop. I felt very welcomed by Wayan, his wife in their lovely , peaceful home & their apprentices who were very friendly & helpful .I have a lovely silver pendant that I completed & many people have commented on it. I would definitely recommended anyone who is visiting Bali to make the time to visit Ubud & complete the workshop.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Suzanne C
Melbourne, Australia
“Fun silver jewellry making class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My 9 year old daughter and I recently visited Chez Monique silversmith class. We had a great afternoon with Wayan and made 2 stunning pieces of silver jewelry. Everyone was very helpful, patient and friendly, especially helping my daughter who made an intricate piece. We would highly recommend if you are in Bali and will definitely go again if we come back to Bali.

Visited June 2014