“A unique bali experience”

Chez Monique Silver Smith Class
Ranked #2 of 59 Classes & Workshops in Ubud
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Expert silversmiths teach students how to fashion 10 grams of silver into jewelry.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A unique bali experience”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Firstly I am sorry for taking so long to write this review. We had a great afternoon with Wayan and his team at his compound in Ubud. When we arrived we were shown examples of jewellery that we could make. I had a couple of ideas of my own so I started to sketch them. Luckily I was told they were possible to make so we began the process of cutting out the designs in silver - I was not very good at this but the patient skilled staff were on hand to help me. Throughout the process we received help when we needed it but also had the freedom to do as much as we could by ourselves.

It was a really fun afternoon, as the only couple in the class we enjoyed one to one supervision. At the end of the class we had two beautiful and unique pieces of jewellery. We went to the shop to buy a chain for my pendant, Wayan then offered to fix the chain to the pendant and delivered the complete necklace to our out of town accommodation the next day.

Wayan was a lovely gentleman who happily shared his skills. We would love to visit again. Thank you for helping us create beautiful pieces that we are often asked about.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Adventuretraveller25

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dubai
“Fantastic hands on experience”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I turned up to chez monique with an idea already in mind of what I wanted to make and the guys were great at helping me create a bracelet. They advised me on extra cost beforehand as it's just 10grams of silver included in price and my bracelet weight just a little more but nice to know at the beginning. Very warm and welcoming hosts and great help in creating your silver piece. Would love to go back and create more. Thank you Chez Monique!

Visited August 2014
Adelaide, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A must to Do”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My Daughter and I attended Wayan,s jewellery class this morning . It was fantastic. They make you feel so welcome and give you lots of encouragement . I would have to say that the last 10 years I have been coming to Bali this would be one of my biggest highlights. When I return to Bali next year I will be returning to make myself something else. If you have the time I highly recommend this to do.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Trish M
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Really cute”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and i had never done anything like this and were unsure what to expect. The class was alot of fun, the guys were extremely helpful and good teachers. We were thrilled with our end product and coulsnt shut up about how much fun we had. I will most likely return

2 Thank Corey W
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This class was a really interesting experience and we thoroughly enjoyed it - the perfect balance of letting us learn and try things for ourselves and helping. Overall it was a great way to spend some time!

Visited July 2014