“A magical place”

White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre
Ranked #39 of 603 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We returned to White Lotus again this year as it is our preferred place to stay in Ubud. Access is by a small laneway so the two rooms are quietly tucked away from all the frenzy of Ubud main street. In the evenings we sit out on the large patio, listening to the sounds of the waterfall in the ravine, frogs croaking and visiting us, and watch for the fireflies. The rooms are very pleasant, clean and comfortable and well cared for by Putu. Breakfast was taken at nearby cafes, and evening meals at the many restaurants in the area. Sandeh is a charming and helpful host and has meditation sessions several evenings per week. At sunset, we could watch the farmers walking home across the ricefields, through the jungle palms. With just the two rooms, and our friend staying in the other one ,it felt like our own home in Ubud.

Room Tip: With only two rooms currently in operation, it works best if both are shared by family or friends as...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at White Lotus very recently and loved every minute of it.
Only had planed a couple of nights,but in the end we stayed for a week.
The surroundings were absolutely amazing , tucked away in the green ,a waterfall nearby and many amazing flowers in the Garden. There are many great restaurants just nearby , you can walk in the rice fields for hours and Sandeh gave us so many informations of things we could do (many of them we visited the local way), how great.
The room was very clean and because it is a very small guesthouse it feels like home away from home.
Doreen enjoyed the meditation classes a lot and was totally blown away by the open studio right up top ,overlooking the roof line of Ubud .
Sandeh is a very kind and caring person ,who created a very spiritual environment she is sharing openly with others and we had many great moments with her. How wonderful:-)
Highly recommended for a stay or at least try the meditation sessions.

Kindly Camillo, Dorenn and Yosias

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank camillo s
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I was in Ubud on my own and didn't want to succumb to the craziness of Yogabarn, when I found White Lotus and it couldn't have been more perfect.

Small meditation group, Sandeh is so very in time with energies and spirituality. I had the most amaIng meditation sessions here, and love that she donates some proceeds to a local school.

Her home is so gorgeous and the meditation platform upstairs is the most beautiful I have seen. Ever.

I highly recommend a meditation session in the heart of spiritual Bali with Sandeh at White Lotus.

It's a bit hard to find the first time but when you turn off Jl Raya Ubud it's about 500 m and on your left hand side, just before a very large red archway which was, I think, 35. Look for a little upscale cafe on your right and it's just a few paces after that (I spent an hour going up and down that road-the sign is quite well concealed).

Enjoy, and namaste.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Sandi M
Reviewed 3 July 2014

i stayed at white lotus for 8 night , i was traveling alone and i have to say that it was my favorite place in my hole trip ! it was quite and very relaxing ,, i enjoyed the meditation classes i had been in 2 on them , i never deed meditation and i really liked it !
Sandeh was amazing ! shes really special and kind and very interesting person .
white lotus is defiantly the best place to say in Ubud ! it 2 minutes walk from the main street in Ubud. where white lotus iis located in a very nice street with very nice restaurant !

defiantly will recommend to stay there !! and i hope i will get the chance to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TimorG101
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the White Lotus for 7 nights at the start of June 2014. The moment I arrived at the White Lotus, Sandeh the owner was was very accommodating and extremely welcoming. Sandeh is an amazing women who has created one beautiful place to stay. She has 2 rooms for rent, however I advise if you want to stay, please book early. I really enjoyed my time with Sandeh, she has a wealth of knowledge of what to do locally as well as running meditation sessions every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings. A must do if you enjoy meditation! I was also lucky to join in on a silent Meditation Day which Sandeh runs on the first Sunday of the month. All I can say is Sandeh's meditation sessions are amazing, and she is one very caring and talented lady, and I am extremely blessed to have met her. The rooms are very clean as well as the bathrooms, she takes care in maintaining her property. I loved sitting on the outside day bed relaxing and listening to the waterfall. The property in located in a fantastic position in Ubud with lots of great places to eat and close to the Ubud market. I would totally recommend the White Lotus and will certainly be back. Thanks Sandeh for making my week so special! : )

Room Tip: Both rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank rae37
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay in Ubud - very close to everything, yet quiet and peaceful location, shops and food behind, garden and rice fields in front. Host is very knowledgable and helpful, and a wonderful woman. I will be back, and for a longer stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hard to write a review about this place. I've stayed from 24th April to 1st of May. Since I am back home, I am thinking about writing this review and let people know how wonderful place to stay. I couldn't find right words to put together. I couldn't put the feeling on a paper. Sandeh is a wonderful person. She doesn't open only the doors of her place to you to stay, but she opens her heart and offers her unique wonderful friendliness. If you are looking for a hotel; nice, clean, quiet but central, good value, this place will make you happy. You will rest at your own terrace. Sleep with the beautiful sound of waterfall at the back yard and you will be able to walk everywhere. But you will not only stay at a beautiful peaceful place, you will also meet a wonderful woman and building a beautiful friendship. Thank you Sandeh for everything. You made my holiday unforgettable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo