“Home sweet home”

Ranked #62 of 523 Ubud B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Home sweet home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My only reluctance in writing this review is that this place will get so popular it will book out when I want to come back. I stayed here last year and was delighted to come back a year later and discover that the family had realised their dream of building extra rooms, small restaurant and bar (well its on the way).
Rooms are 200 000 RP ($20) a night for two people including breakfast and wi-fi ($15 for a single). Rooms come with your own bathroom and are cleaned daily. I joked with my friend when we went out one morning and left our shoes facing different directions that by the time we came back an hour later they would be all lined up the same way. Yep, I was right.
Breakfast is omelette or pancakes, fresh tropical fruit and tea/coffee, served with a smile. Never disappoints.
Ok so you will be woken by roosters and doves, but I can sure think of worse ways to be woken. There is some construction noise during the day, but this will be wrapped up by the end of the year and didn't prevent my afternoon naps.
Mama can organise anything you need- laundry, fresh coconuts, transport, tours, you name it. Her English is not awesome so be sure to clarify prices, but she can get you a good price.
But the real selling point of this place is the family. They are sweet and caring and genuinely want only to make your experience a great one. Mama wants to know what you are up to all the time and Papa will do his best to crack jokes. Embrace it and you'll have a fantastic time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CBWG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
acalagan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My girlfriend and I can’t recommend Sandat Bali enough. It is in a great location and you couldn’t ask for better hosts than mama and papa. They made us feel like part of the family whilst we were there and we also met so many great people staying there. Papa also offers great reflexology treatment; the man is a true healer. The family can honestly not do enough for you and when we return to Bali we will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Book early!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked Sandat Bali after seeing the great reviews on tripadvisor, and I wasn't disappointed. My boyfriend and I are felt very welcome and found the owners very helpful and approachable. The price is fantastic, especially when you realise how close you are to everything. The breakfasts are very tasty (green banana pancakes, yum). We were sad to leave but hope to return soon!!! Thanks Mama and Papa!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

we stayed in sandat bali because of all the enthousiastic reviews on tripadvisor but once we were there we started to regret our choice.
we almost couldn't sleep because the chickens cackled starting from 4 o'clock. mama always wanted to sell us her tours, which was a bit of a nuissance. but the worst came later: we just got kicked out. she confirmed us first that we could stay 4 nights although she wasn't happy because there still was a hole in her booking plan. after 3 nights we had to leave. it seemed that she had found someone who wanted to pay more.
we wouldn't go there a second time!

• Stayed July 2013
7 Thank Kesmila
kuala lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

I believe i won't be the first to hesitate to review sandat bali. This place is just so special and I totally understand why some of us want to keep this place to ourselves, however, i believe it is our wish that papa and mama will be blessed financially.

This is my very first homestay and I am so glad it is at sandat Bali. The rest have given a comprehensive details on what's available at sandat Bali.

To me, what makes this place truly special are the love and kindness mama and papa have extended to all of us. Of course not forgetting yangbir, putu cantik, kadek and the rest of the extended family that made sandat bali a 'home' for all of us who are far away from home.

They are in the midst of adding more rooms and hopefully by next year more people will get the chance to experience the 'magic' at sandat Bali.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank christinaTeo
Turku, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I found Sandat Bali by coincidence walking by one morning. Mama helped me to find another buddget place to stay and with many other things. I came for coconut and lunch everyday and evenings wejust chilled out, and these warm and kind people treated me as i was part of the family. Papas treatments were amazing, he truly is a healer and mama's cookings were heaven on earth! I highly recommend!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

I have traveled the world for years and hands down mama and papa do everthing in their power to make your trip special. Drivers, reflexology by papa, scooters.... Room is large clean and modern designed by their son who picked up a book in Italy on design snd it shows. They are currently adding 6 more rooms to total 11. Mama can get you better prices on everything especially the bali dance nearby. Walk to everywhere although people here dont know why you would walk anywhere when you can ride a scooter.

• Stayed May 2013