“I felt close to home”
Review of Sandat Bali

Sandat Bali
Ranked #50 of 622 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I can not explain in words how wonderful, generous, selfless and kind Mama and Papa were. Making you feel at home straight away is one of their biggest attributes when arriving at Sandat Bali. They were so kind and welcoming, I could not have asked for more. I stayed down stairs in one of the smaller rooms but the bed was a King sized bed and every afternoon when I arrived home the bed was made, the room also had a bathroom with a toilet, shower and sink. Every morning breakfast was made which was lovely to wake up to. They had lovely Balinese furniture which made it seem even more beautiful and traditional. Every moment of my stay with Sandat Bali was lovely and if you are looking for an affordable, traditional Balinese home stay with lovely people then Sandat Bali is just the place you're looking for :)

Room Tip: The rooms downstairs have big traditional Balinese doors with Balinese carvings in them which means...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had a great time with Mama and Papa on our two nights at Sandat Bali. We stayed in a room that was almost brand new, amazing for the price really! Lovely furniture, hot shower, big bed. The common eating area was a lovely spot to meet up with fellow travelers, met great people here. We felt part of the family, they were always happy to help us, feed us, laugh with us! I hope this place keeps this special feeling and doesn't become too popular as would love to go back!
So close to the main streets of Ubud, just a short walk away!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Sandat Bali is a precious pearl on touristy Bali. Mama and Papa would make everything for you (ex: one day I was asking about some exotic fruits and the next morning mama bought them for me on the market; furthermore they help you out with all other questions you might have). The food commonly prepared is delicous and mama makes you eat as much as you can. Whenever I see the flowers with which our bed was decorated each mornig, I gladly think back at the lovely time in Sandat Bali!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sarakurt
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My only reluctance in writing this review is that this place will get so popular it will book out when I want to come back. I stayed here last year and was delighted to come back a year later and discover that the family had realised their dream of building extra rooms, small restaurant and bar (well its on the way).
Rooms are 200 000 RP ($20) a night for two people including breakfast and wi-fi ($15 for a single). Rooms come with your own bathroom and are cleaned daily. I joked with my friend when we went out one morning and left our shoes facing different directions that by the time we came back an hour later they would be all lined up the same way. Yep, I was right.
Breakfast is omelette or pancakes, fresh tropical fruit and tea/coffee, served with a smile. Never disappoints.
Ok so you will be woken by roosters and doves, but I can sure think of worse ways to be woken. There is some construction noise during the day, but this will be wrapped up by the end of the year and didn't prevent my afternoon naps.
Mama can organise anything you need- laundry, fresh coconuts, transport, tours, you name it. Her English is not awesome so be sure to clarify prices, but she can get you a good price.
But the real selling point of this place is the family. They are sweet and caring and genuinely want only to make your experience a great one. Mama wants to know what you are up to all the time and Papa will do his best to crack jokes. Embrace it and you'll have a fantastic time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CBWG
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My girlfriend and I can’t recommend Sandat Bali enough. It is in a great location and you couldn’t ask for better hosts than mama and papa. They made us feel like part of the family whilst we were there and we also met so many great people staying there. Papa also offers great reflexology treatment; the man is a true healer. The family can honestly not do enough for you and when we return to Bali we will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Book early!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked Sandat Bali after seeing the great reviews on tripadvisor, and I wasn't disappointed. My boyfriend and I are felt very welcome and found the owners very helpful and approachable. The price is fantastic, especially when you realise how close you are to everything. The breakfasts are very tasty (green banana pancakes, yum). We were sad to leave but hope to return soon!!! Thanks Mama and Papa!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

we stayed in sandat bali because of all the enthousiastic reviews on tripadvisor but once we were there we started to regret our choice.
we almost couldn't sleep because the chickens cackled starting from 4 o'clock. mama always wanted to sell us her tours, which was a bit of a nuissance. but the worst came later: we just got kicked out. she confirmed us first that we could stay 4 nights although she wasn't happy because there still was a hole in her booking plan. after 3 nights we had to leave. it seemed that she had found someone who wanted to pay more.
we wouldn't go there a second time!

• Stayed: July 2013