“good value ubud hotel”

Inata Hotel Monkey Forest
Ranked #137 of 597 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Inata hotel is well placed on Monkey Forest road. The staff are welcoming and friendly. Booked through Agoda and all was smooth. Rooms adequate with our upsatirs Rice paddy view room nice and light and airy. Curtains could have been a bit heavier for blocking out light in mornings and the hot water took a whie to come through Breakfast simple but good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Inata Hotel is set back off busy monkey forest road ubud. Monkey forest road is a long one way road full of restaurants, bars, shops, services such as massage and beauty. In our experience it is best to stay towards the middle (up the market end). Inata is the perfect location. This is a 3.5 star hotel with pool offers very good service and is well priced. A double room ($75 AUD) per night overlooking the rice paddy. Breakfast and afternoon tea included.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2012

For the price I paid I was very happy with the Inata hotel.
My only slight complaint is about the check in process. The lady checking me in took a while to find our names on her list. I had booked & paid in full for 3 rooms & I was worried at one point that they were not booked but in the end it all worked out. She also questioned if I had paid a deposit or not & I thought she should have been able to see it was paid in full.
Apart from that rooms are great value, good location if you want to be close to monkey forrest, shops & restaurants. Friendly helpful staff & breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

I spent last night at Inata, and will return again on Friday. The standout for me, is the staff. Every one of them knew my name, greeted me by name, and wore genuine smiles filled with warmth.
The rooms are very clean and maintained, and it is a lovely location if you want to be amongst the busy town centre.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2012

In the perfect location in Ubud, about 3 minutes walk from the Monkey Forest. Very idyllically quiet and relaxed. The staff are very polite even by Balinese standards. The breakfast was the best breakfast I had on my entire trip to Bali. It's a very close approximation of what an American Breakfast should be.

The people that designed this hotel are absolutely full of style. The hotel very much achieves its obvious aim of being a quiet little oasis in the heart of Ubud. We had no noise complaints whatsoever. Swimming pool was gorgeous.

The reason, however, that I cannot give it a 5 is that unfortunately the rooms do not smell very good. They have that damp musty smell that some cheaper hotels have. I personally didn't care too much but my wife and many other people probably would.

It's an absolute shame because otherwise I would say this hotel was basically perfect.

We stayed July 14 to 16.

Room Tip: staying on the ground floor means you can walk out your balcony to the pool in seconds.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Loved this place, will stay here again for sure. Everything was clean, the staff were lovely & the hotel is fairly new.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed at the Inata Hotel for 11 nights and loved every minute of it. I had a second floor room with it's own little veranda and a beautiful room that was clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel is quite new and so the room was in excellent condition as was the tiled bathroom. There were fresh flowers placed by the tub each day and the cleaning staff washed every spot of the place. The Inata is a great place to stay not only to walk most of central Ubud but as a home base for venturing out on tours to see the rest of Bali. The 'rice paddy" view is not really anything special but I was not there to sit on my patio, I was there to see Bali.
But the staff are what make the place a real delight to stay in. There are smiles everywhere and you are made to feel as a special guest. After just one day, the breakfast staff would great me by name and take the time to talk with me - each and every day. I was made to feel as though I was a special guest. Wayan, who oftentimes sits behind the desk, was tremendously helpful. Each day he would help me arrange for the various things I wanted to see, be it to see dance each evening, or to recommend a place for a spa treatment or for cooking classes. It seemed that no matter how many questions I had, he would patiently would help me out with a smile.
This is a great place to stay in the center of Ubud and I would go there again.

Room Tip: I like the second floor even though it was a little more money - well worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo