Y Resort Ubud
US$168
US$77
US$63
Priceline
All reviewsshuttle busnice poolprovide free shuttleblanco museumbase to explorelong staythe hotel offershustle bustlehighly recommend this hoteldouble bedbeautiful staffwalk into townnice staybali tripswimming poolstayed here for nightsalchemy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed nearby and stopped in tonight to have dinner. It's my wife's birthday, so we wanted to turn up the style a notch. For the record, we did not sleep here.

The place was noisy, we were the only diners, and the food was terrible.

We had an awful experience. We sat down as the only diners in the restaurant, and ordered cocktails and food. About one minute after we ordered, a carpenter started up a sander in the back. (Perhaps he was resuming work?) The noise went on for ten minutes, and we then asked the staff if he could stop or switch to a quieter activity. Much discussion among the staff ensued, and five minutes later he stopped sanding. Two minutes of silence passed. He then started running an electrical drill.

The food arrived. It was not very appealing looking, and we weren't going to stay. We asked to have the food wrapped and took it home. The staff apologized for the noise on our way out, but offered no compensation. Oh well. At home, we opened the food. My "tofu steak" was just terrible, and her mie goreng was only slightly better.

I understand that my frustration over what is probably a necessary activity may be unwarranted. So be it. I would not want to eat there again, and find their approach to customer service quite lacking.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happenstance3
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed at Y resort 2nd week of July, 2011. I think the hotel actually opened in July...so it was VERY new.

The room wasn't so big but I just loved the atmosphere of this hotel. The pool was amazing and everything was kept clean.

Staffs were friendly also...they weren't the fastest customer serving people but were very nice and helpful.

Even though I was there only after one week of their opening, the hotel was almost full but during the day or at night, I didn't really run into any other guests. The place was very quiet so we could relax. Because it is not in central Ubud..we took a cab once a day to go to the main road. The front desk guy drove us there at a little cost and told us he would pick us up if we called but we got free shuttle from the spas on our way back.

Also, there is a good spa 10 seconds away from the hotel.. just walk straight across from the hotel gate and one could experience cheap/nice massage!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I had a delightful experience at Y Resort Ubud on my first visit to Bali, August 2011. I have the most wonderful friend who lives there show me the loveliest of places... we chose to wine and dine at Y Resort and I was very happy with the service with a smile and warm welcome as well as a relaxed and calm setting. I would go back there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My stay at y resort was really good. The rooms are fairly basic and clean. The staff were lovely and helpful and there was free transport into ubud. Good location with some near cafes and spas nearby. Would definitely consider staying again

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I recently stayed at Y Resort and had the most fantastic time. I absolutely love Ubud and wanted to stay close but not in the centre of town. I was also looking for mid priced accommodation that provided the resort feel without being too “touristy”. I found all this and more here. At this hotel I felt very much “at home” and the staff were all very friendly and more than happy to chat with me and provide some local knowledge. The free Wifi was a definite bonus and on days when I didn’t feel like enjoying the walk in to town I was able to take the shuttle bus. If you’re looking for a place where you can relax and unwind whilst still being close to the buzz of Bali then you’ll certainly find it here. I’ll be back on my next visit for sure.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo