“a little too far out of town for what they are offering”
Review of Y Resort Ubud

Y Resort Ubud
Ranked #149 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Sydney
“a little too far out of town for what they are offering”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The location isn't great and its not the kind of place that you want to hang around too long. Sure there is a pool and some lounge chairs, but it feels a bit try-hard. The room was quite small and the decor looked cheap. It did like the pebble floors in the shower. The breakfast was quite limited and a bit dis-organised, there were many staff and quite a few just milled around. They need some training with customer relations. They were Bali nice but not helpful. The hotel is fairly cheap compared to a lot of options in Ubud, but I would probably say to either in town at a local guest house, or even further out of town where you get a more relaxing experience. They do offer a a shuttle to the main town.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at Y Resort for 3 nights & there were good & bad aspects of the hotel.

Good:
- location was great, just out of the town centre.
- the shuttle bus every 2 hours was an easy way to get into town
- the room was quite small but clean
- free wifi is always good
- friendly staff (however not great english)
- I travelled alone & felt very safe there
- staff helped me organise to do a silversmith jewellery class

Bad:
- maintenance work going on right near my room, loud banging, drills etc
- bad mosquito/bug problem. I've never been bitten so much in my life! Really ruins meals when you're getting eaten alive
- I got a massage at the spa & it was quite horrific - once again getting eaten alive by mosquitos & other bugs. Nothing relaxing about it
- the shuttle bus didn't get me at the time it was supposed to on one occasion
- the resort was not busy at all, so there wasn't much atmosphere. I was often the only person in the restaurant for breakfast/lunch/dinner

All in all a pleasurable stay but I found myself hiding away in my room while at the resort so I was safe from mozzies & bugs. A weekly bug gassing is needed like they do in other parts of bali.

• Stayed January 2012
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed nearby and stopped in tonight to have dinner. It's my wife's birthday, so we wanted to turn up the style a notch. For the record, we did not sleep here.

The place was noisy, we were the only diners, and the food was terrible.

We had an awful experience. We sat down as the only diners in the restaurant, and ordered cocktails and food. About one minute after we ordered, a carpenter started up a sander in the back. (Perhaps he was resuming work?) The noise went on for ten minutes, and we then asked the staff if he could stop or switch to a quieter activity. Much discussion among the staff ensued, and five minutes later he stopped sanding. Two minutes of silence passed. He then started running an electrical drill.

The food arrived. It was not very appealing looking, and we weren't going to stay. We asked to have the food wrapped and took it home. The staff apologized for the noise on our way out, but offered no compensation. Oh well. At home, we opened the food. My "tofu steak" was just terrible, and her mie goreng was only slightly better.

I understand that my frustration over what is probably a necessary activity may be unwarranted. So be it. I would not want to eat there again, and find their approach to customer service quite lacking.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happenstance3

Travellers are raving about these Ubud hotels

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed at Y resort 2nd week of July, 2011. I think the hotel actually opened in July...so it was VERY new.

The room wasn't so big but I just loved the atmosphere of this hotel. The pool was amazing and everything was kept clean.

Staffs were friendly also...they weren't the fastest customer serving people but were very nice and helpful.

Even though I was there only after one week of their opening, the hotel was almost full but during the day or at night, I didn't really run into any other guests. The place was very quiet so we could relax. Because it is not in central Ubud..we took a cab once a day to go to the main road. The front desk guy drove us there at a little cost and told us he would pick us up if we called but we got free shuttle from the spas on our way back.

Also, there is a good spa 10 seconds away from the hotel.. just walk straight across from the hotel gate and one could experience cheap/nice massage!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I had a delightful experience at Y Resort Ubud on my first visit to Bali, August 2011. I have the most wonderful friend who lives there show me the loveliest of places... we chose to wine and dine at Y Resort and I was very happy with the service with a smile and warm welcome as well as a relaxed and calm setting. I would go back there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My stay at y resort was really good. The rooms are fairly basic and clean. The staff were lovely and helpful and there was free transport into ubud. Good location with some near cafes and spas nearby. Would definitely consider staying again

• Stayed December 2011
Mount Coolum
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I recently stayed at Y Resort and had the most fantastic time. I absolutely love Ubud and wanted to stay close but not in the centre of town. I was also looking for mid priced accommodation that provided the resort feel without being too “touristy”. I found all this and more here. At this hotel I felt very much “at home” and the staff were all very friendly and more than happy to chat with me and provide some local knowledge. The free Wifi was a definite bonus and on days when I didn’t feel like enjoying the walk in to town I was able to take the shuttle bus. If you’re looking for a place where you can relax and unwind whilst still being close to the buzz of Bali then you’ll certainly find it here. I’ll be back on my next visit for sure.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo